Teac VRDS Transport/cd player (or other good transport)

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Will, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Will

Will The Lucky One

For some reason hese seem rather rare, but I'm after one to use as a transport to use with my superdac since my Marantz CD4000's tray now refuses to close properly every time.

Theres only the one on ebay at the moment (a VRDS9) so I just wondered if anyone here has one they'd consider parting with, or knew of any others for sale (I've searched ebay and HFC's forums, and here, but to no avail).

My budget, ideally under £200 but it depends what people have or happen to know is for sale elsewhere, as I may be able to stretch a bit further :) as I know the Teacs usually go for a bit more than that.

Failing that, other players that would be a good transport - any suggestions? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2004
    Will, Oct 4, 2004
  2. Will

robert_cyrus

there's someone on my forum with a teac transport for sale - the hal server seems to be down at the moment
    vrds1 i think ???
    check the forum @ www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk

robert_cyrus, Oct 4, 2004
  3. Will

Russ the Rhino

Hello Again Will

I may have just what you're after! I have recently acquired an absolutely mint Discmagic from the Richer's open box sale on Sunday. Like you, I've a Superdac and it would have been nice to use the AES/EBU inmputs but I need to drastically reduce the box count at home. There are loads of AES/EBU cables on eBay right now, including the very highly regarded Apogee Wyde Eye.

Granted, it's not the most handsome thing in the world but is very solidly built and has an IEC power cord input for mains cable tweakery. You would then have the use of all three inputs on the Superdac and would be able to ask Tony (WM), Trichord et al. to breathe some magic onto these bits as and when funds allow.

Please PM if this interests you.

Mods: I hope this gratuitous self-promotion doesn't violate the T&Cs

Russ the Rhino, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Will

michaelab desafinado

Teac VRDS transports / CD players come up on eBay every so often. Also try HiFiForSale.

My VRDS T1 (transport only) cost me £200 and then I had some mods done to it that cost rather more :) . The T1 (and the similar 7 and 10 CDPs) tend to go for around 2-300.

Michael.

michaelab, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Will

Russ the Rhino

The VRDS are lovely looking boxes, that's for sure. I'd like my Pioneer to be WM'd when funds/space allow. Or should that be WMD? :D

Russ the Rhino, Oct 5, 2004
  6. Will

joel Shaman of Signals

You could always come to Japan and buy one of these:
    [​IMG]
    A cool 12 grand (that's pounds). Probably sounds OK, too :)
    Of course you'll be wanting a pair of the matching monaural DACs at the same time.

Only joking :) I have a VRDS50 and it's a great player. Well, it suits me fine.

joel, Oct 5, 2004
Ask a Question