The Routine.

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Snoo, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Snoo

Snoo

Hey folks.

I know some of you guys are into upgrading your equipment. Most notably uprgrading caps and power supplies. Is it possible you could explain the general rules of thumb for which bits you'd start at and go through?

It's actually my bass amp I want to do some modding on. The beauty of this is I'm only after it sounding 'different' from standard. I guess there anen't many people who put and overdrive pedal between their CDP and pre amp if you see what I mean. :D (Though I have put wah-wah and delay pedals inline with turntables ;) )

Thanks.

Snoo, Oct 27, 2006
  2. Snoo

zanash

For audio I look to use better quality and better spec I don't always change the value, though you need to know what the caps are doing ie signal dc decoupling or resovoir etc.

as a rule of thumb two small caps are better than one big one of the same value ..three being better than two ....you can see where this is going.!

zanash, Oct 27, 2006
Ask a Question