The sacred cantatas of J.S. Bach; the quest ends

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by tones, Jun 30, 2003.

1. tones

tones compulsive cantater

Objective achieved; I have them all. I bought the cheap Brilliant Classics set by Leusink, 60 CDs for EUR78. I've attached my first impressions to the main post in the "sticky" Bach cantata thread, but in a few words, this is a bargain.

tones, Jun 30, 2003
  2. tones

Rodrigo de Sá This club's crushing bore

Umpff... I should be mad at you. I never had the intention of having all Bach cantatas...

But after what you say about the readings and about the price, I would resulctantly ask for a link at amazon.uk if possible.

Yours ambivalently,

RdS

Rodrigo de Sá, Jun 30, 2003
  3. tones

tones compulsive cantater

And I reluctantly pass on to you, RdS, that it's not Amazon but a German supplier, JPC - see

http://www.jpc.de/

Click on "Classical" and then enter "Bach" and "Leusink" in the search engine. You'll get a list of the various volumes of the series, and down near the bottom you'll find the entry for the complete set. The price is EUR89.99 (as Swizzieland is not an EU member, we don't pay the German VAT, so it's cheaper for us).

Amazon has some of the released volumes, but not the complete set.

tones, Jun 30, 2003
Ask a Question