time/time

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amir, Dec 2, 2005.

1. amir

Anex Thermionic

Gary how dare you call The Simpsons background noise!

Anex, Dec 2, 2005
  2. amir

titian

In a certain sense Bub is right, maybe though he wanted to be more categorical.
    Music is insane and ruins anybody. Without the hifi involment people would have even more problems in their heads.
    There is good and bad music. The essential thing is that both are poison for human beings. So it would be good if we thought and learned more about hifi instead of waisting time in keeping our ears engaged listening (that's what we pretend to do) to music.

titian, Dec 2, 2005
  3. amir

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Well, it certainly didn't take long for this thread to go off the rails. And perhaps it should be considered that the person claiming it to be "silly and off topic" is the one that pulled it that way?

I-S, Dec 2, 2005
  4. amir

The Devil IHTFP

I'm serious, in a funny way. 12-15 hrs per day doing any given activity is unhealthy & weird.

The Devil, Dec 3, 2005
  5. amir

The Devil IHTFP

P.S. I also suspect that people on forums who claim to be listening to music every waking hour have an unusual relationship with the actualite.

The Devil, Dec 4, 2005
  6. amir

ditton happy old soul

... this hifi time started off as supposed investment, to get stuff that made (limited) music time more enjoyable, more rewarding. if it had been easy to make upgrades to kit (if I didn't care about money, or vfm, 'cos I had too much to know what to do with it), then hifi time would have been less. But I've had so much to learn, and I've been able to learn from others - not about matters of taste (and that does come into it) but about some of the essentials, and about what can get in the way of hi-fidelity stereo reproduction.

music is one of the important things, its a priority, but its only one of several/many - time for music competes, both with those other priorities and with too many other things that are not important, not among my priorities but which seem to arrive with trump cards.

Music is not always on. I also need to think, eat, sleep, engage with other individuals, and music distracts me from that. I also need to dance, and that and music do seem to go well together.

Ironically, if my hifi set-up was poor, then music would not be so distracting, and it could be switch-on wall paper. But then, this hifi time started off as supposed investment, to get stuff that made (limited) music time more enjoyable, more rewarding ...

ditton, Dec 4, 2005
Ask a Question