To DAC or not to DAC

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by alby, Sep 11, 2006.

1. alby

Shout It Out Lo

http://www.mood-lab.com/concept.htm

Shout It Out Lo, Sep 14, 2006
  2. alby

zanash

beat me to it .....theres often some on fleabay too

zanash, Sep 14, 2006
  3. alby

leo

The 7SE will never be a giant slayer but you can improve it a fair bit, I'd agree with Zanash regarding the diodes, I'm personally not a big fan of the 11DQ10's but I do know these work really well in the 7 and 7SE cdp;) main problem is the PCM1716 internal dac chip which isn't that great but theres a few decoupling capacitors around this chip that would really benefit from upgrading, when I did a few simple mods to a friends 7SE I noticed components I normally can't stand worked really well in this unit:D mainly 11DQ10 schottkies and Silmic decoupling caps.
    A better clock only had a small improvement IMO in this cdp, the better caps/diodes and op-amps made the biggest improvement, these are only the standard sort of mods but quite effective!

leo, Sep 14, 2006
  4. alby

zanash

What diodes would you suggest ...hexfreds ? the unit comes with ultrafasts I think.

zanash, Sep 14, 2006
Ask a Question