Torke CD

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by Paul V, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Paul V

Paul V

Heard a great Torke piece [Saxophone Concerto] on R3 yesterday. No details on playlist - have been to Torke's website and it appears that you might only be able to buy his records from this site - does anyone know if they are available in shops ??. I've searched MDT, HMV etc with no joy -

Cheers.

Paul

Paul V, Dec 20, 2004
  2. Paul V

GrahamN

...but possibly not very hard! Entering Torke at "MDT" showed 4 available CDs from them (+ 1 of Schittke with Torkel Borelius as a soloist), and also here. Looks as if Gramofile is down until the new year ( :rolleyes: ), but Gramophone reviewed the Alsop/Naxos in Feb/03. Review was a bit mixed - basically it seems Seckerson doesn't really get on with Torke (or at least the 2nd half of most of his pieces), but reckons Torke-fans would love it.

There's also a partial discography at here - although it looks as if the argo recordings have all been deleted (ah news story here). Can't seem to find any source for the other version of the Sax Concerto (Silva Screen SILKD 6010). I have managed to get CDs from MDT that were not on their published lists - give them a try and see what they say, although if Torke is publishing his own now it's probably easiest to order it from him direct.

GrahamN, Dec 20, 2004
  3. Paul V

Paul V

Will do Graham, just there was no note of p+p on Torke's website and I didn't want to get stung. If I can't find it here I'll have to get from the website. Thanks for replying.

Paul

Paul V, Dec 20, 2004
Ask a Question