total and absolute newbie query

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by miltk, May 28, 2024.

1. miltk

miltk

i'm 74 and my ears don't pick up sound with clarity on my 60" sony

it's a sony from maybe 8yrs ago. one thing i did was to get soundblaster computer speakers with a treble/bass function. - better.
    now i have a klipsch pro media thx 2.1 - much better

i'll skip to my question

i need a solution to getting my sound with more clarity. i am suspecting now that the 5.1 is just not good for me.
    however when i watch network TV like espn or whatever,,,,,or like i just now watched an hbo docu on stax records and i think the sound was a simple stereo,,,,or when i watch a commercial....the sound is fine for me. it is clear

otoh i tried watching fall guy and the sound is muddy. i basically couldn't distinguish a thing in my ears.

so i bought a cheap 7ch equalizer from amazon for only $30 and i will try to pop it in between the tv and the klipsch

are there any other suggestions out there? THX

miltk, May 28, 2024
  2. miltk

lawrence001

Get a soundbar with a clear vocal setting. Make sure it has HDMI ARC function so you can control the volume with your TV remote.

lawrence001, Jun 17, 2024
    Hodges likes this.
  3. miltk

miltk

miltk, Jun 18, 2024
Ask a Question