I made a pair of the tube dampers featured in HFW last month which are based on pipe clips. Although they have stayed in position I wasnt too happy with them; they look ugly and dont get a good clamp on the tube. So I decided to have a go myself and I must give alot of the credit to Anex who replied to one of my posts regarding dampers.\r\n\r\nAnex has used gas ptfe tape for his so a little dig around on the net told me that hi-density ptfe tape (as it is known) can operate upto 180 degrees. So a trip to see my local plumbers merchant led to the purchase of 4 rolls of the stuff at £1.25 each. The tape is just like the standard ptfe but alot thicker and alot easier to work with.\r\n\r\nTo form the base for the dampers the only thing I could lay my hands on was some 2.5mm copper wire I hade stripped from some cable. This was wound round some tubing a few times to give me a slightly larger diameter than the tubes. Next I simply built up a few layers of ptfe tape checking how they fitted on the tube. Finally once I was satisfied I had a tight fit and coated any lose ends I had with clear nail varnish (I used clear coz id already got it out for saturday night :D , any colour will do).\r\n\r\nI made one for each tube, power and input and I can confidently say they make a difference, theres certainly more detail and the notes seem sharper if you get my meaning. The rings are tight on and havent moved a fraction with about 18 hours of use and I cant see there being any probs with the ptfe.\r\n\r\nGive it a go.