Twisted Snake DIY Mains Lead

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by BL21DE3, Mar 4, 2004.

1. BL21DE3

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

Just a quick question. I've been toying with the idea of building a Twisted Snake mains lead following the plans on TNT audio, and now I have some time on my hands I've finally decided to give it a go. The only problem is I'm having difficulty locating a source of AC shielded cable with two 1.5 mm2 stranded copper conductors. I did a quick search through Maplin/RS and didn't see anything immeadiately suitable, though I may well have missed them. I also checked the previous threads on the forum and found Gazz's old thread on the subject, but it appears that Neweye & Eyre (the source of his cable) no longer have a website. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    BL21DE3

BL21DE3, Mar 4, 2004
  2. BL21DE3

LiloLee Blah, Blah, Blah.........

How about 3 core from RS 363-389

LiloLee, Mar 4, 2004
  3. BL21DE3

zanash

The TNT TTS is a good DIY effort! at a recent bake off the TTS I took was able to give about 50% the performance of on of the Omega range....now that doesn't sound great but mine cost about 5% of the omega.

I will be getting a roll of double copper braid shielded 1.5amp three core. If you want to split the cost or just get the material you need, about 10m for 2m ish finished cable, contact me.

zanash, Mar 5, 2004
  4. BL21DE3

GAZZ

I've used all of mine, most electical supplies will order the cable for you.

GAZZ, Mar 5, 2004
  5. BL21DE3

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

Thanks for all the suggestiosn. I did an extensive trawl of the web and local suppliers yesterday. I came across www.farnell.co.uk who stock the 3 core cable, amongst others, that LiloLee suggested and the best thing is they sell both in reels and by the metre. So I'm now just costing and sourcing the other components. Thanks for the help guys.

BL21DE3

BL21DE3, Mar 6, 2004
Ask a Question