Upgrading the Response 1SCs

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Robbo, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Robbo

scubaboy71

Hi Matt,

i've already bought the Mundorfs so, i'm going to have to give them a go now but, thanks for the heads up on increased treble. I'll be studying the sound carefully. It's ok to drill new holes in the PBC? I am not going to damage it in any way? I was thinking of placing double sided sticky pads underneath the caps to try and make them stable and to not put too much pressure on the board once it is replaced. Maybe the cable tie option would be more secure. The glue will not have a nasty reaction on the board or corrode it with time?

scubaboy71, Nov 17, 2011
  2. Robbo

fatmarley

You could leave the cable ties out and just use Glue-gun glue. Lots of manufacterers use a glue that looks very similar and has what feels like the same consistency as Glue-gun glue. Silicone sealant (the same stuff used to seal baths) is also very good to stick crossover components down. It's also easy to remove (unlike Glue-gun glue), but takes hours to go off.

If you find the treble is a bit too much (i'll be amazed if you dont) add an ohm or two to the tweeter series resistor (assuming it has one).

fatmarley, Nov 17, 2011
Ask a Question