usb soundcard

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tebbs, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Tebbs

Tebbs

Ive got a truly nasty Dell internalsoundcard in my PC and was thinking of upgrading it to run it through my hifi.
    I was looking about and found this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A14S4/ref=br_lf_ce_0/026-0124157-9754819
    Anyone know anything about them? I was thinking it would be quite cool as running the USB cable to the hifi away from the computer should decrease interference from fans and other random RF's shouldnt it? or does it not work like that? Then I can run some coax cables from in and out and use it to record off DAB radio if I want. Also do you reckon it will support directsound etc? Is that just not mentioned anymore coz its so rare that they dont?

Thankyou people

Tebbs, Jan 8, 2004
  2. Tebbs

PBirkett VTEC Addict

That is a truly shite piece of equipment.

Spend a little extra and get an M-Audio Revolution. OK its internal, but you shouldnt hear any interference at all, and it'll sound many, many times better than that heap of poop. Also, theres a Terratec card thats quite cheap, might be worth looking into.

If you can afford £120-£130 you can get truly outstanding playback using a Terratec EWX24/96.

PBirkett, Jan 8, 2004
  3. Tebbs

Tebbs

fair enough. I better save up a bit more then :(

Tebbs, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Tebbs

Tebbs

hmm.. Are there any fairly reasonably priced soundcards which have front drive bays and sound good or preferably USB ones. I'd prefer to have the soundcard near the hifi to save on the cost of analogue audio ic's and i'd just like to have it with the rest of my hifi (which is about 5m from my PC with not much room for movement of either. Any ideas chaps?

Tebbs, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Tebbs

Tebbs

Oh yeah, and Im also using it as a headphone output as my amp doesnt have one and nor does my radio and downstairs, next door, the other next door, upstairs will end up getting annoyed!

Tebbs, Jan 8, 2004
Ask a Question