Video editing/conversion/burning help.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Feb 15, 2007.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

A friend filmed another friends wedding a while ago and edited it using Adobe Premier (Pro 7 or something I think?).

I've now got a ".prproj" file on a portable drive.

I've absolutely zero/zilch/nada experience with video type stuff and don't have any software.

Sooooooooooo, any idea how I get this onto a disc to play in a standard dvd drive?

Cheers.

MO!, Feb 15, 2007
  2. MO!

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

wellfor starters the prproj file is what used to be called a EDL, or edit decision list. that file only contains the locations and names of all the video and audio tracks and all of the cuts between them.

in effect it's the recipie to make the full video, but you need the ingredients.

so you'd better hope that either on the disk you have all the source material, or he's exported the project file as an archive with all the source material included and named correctly. this export style isn't the default method, so if he didnt export the entire project, you are screwed, end of.

if its the full bore project file,it will be a whopper,couple of hunderd megs or so, if its just the EDL version it will likely be a handful of megs.

check the file size.

if it is the full bore file, then get a 'demo' copy of premier pro, either the same version or a later version, open the project file, and then navigate to 'export project', and export it as mpeg 4, then using some dvd burning package, import the outputted mpeg4 file into dvd and burn the disc.

sounds easy...

unfortunately you have a million different export options,frame rates, ntsc/pal, bit rate,compressor etc.

best thing is find someone locally who has premier pro, they'll knock it out for you in a few minutes, if it's the full bore proj archive and not just the EDL version.

i'd do it for ya in the mail,but i don't have a dvd burner.

sq225917, Feb 16, 2007
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

The file is only 14.2MB :confused:

MO!, Feb 16, 2007
  4. MO!

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

if it came from a digital cam corder as mpeg 4 at full pal, thats about 90 seconds worth or file space max.

doesnt sound promising. unless its super crap quality in which case it could be minutes and minutes of grainy footage with crap sound.

sq225917, Feb 16, 2007
Ask a Question