Vienna - Strauss

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ken, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Ken

Ken

Has anybody had a serious listen to the Vienna Strauss Speakers.

I had a brief listen at local dealer, very impressive in a music sense (not hi-fi) and reduced in price.

Ken

Ken, Oct 7, 2004
  2. Ken

Ya-Boo

Not heard them myself, but conicedently these were recommended to me
    a few weeks back......could you describe how the sound to you?

Ya-Boo, Oct 7, 2004
  3. Ken

Croc

i've heard all Viena Acoustic "wood" models from Haydn to Mahler - except the Strauss :eek:

haynd/mozrt/beethowen sounded very romantic, melow, musical, relaxed etc - easy to love but too much "honey" for me.

Mahler are less colored, much more open sound, huge soundstage, great bass (perhaps a bit too much of it).

a good friend of mine wanted Beethowen but eventually god a good deal on Straus and bought it.
    it's connected to Plinius amplification (another melow product).

unfortunatelly i didn't have a chance to visit him for a long time but he is very pleased with it and says that those side bass drivers turned out not that problematic in the room as he thought they would be.

in bottom line now he looks to go for beehowen - he sais that Straus is too big for the room and he lost that magic (my interpritation - it doesn;t sounds sweet and melow) of cheaper Viena's.

Croc, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Ken

Ya-Boo

Humm.....another coincedence,the guy who recommened them also uses Plinius amplification,dunno what model,but it's big n silver :D

Ya-Boo, Oct 8, 2004
  5. Ken

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I like them Ya-boo. They sound very pleasant, clear and nicely dynamic. They do some really nice veneers too.

Best bought second hand IMHO, when bargains abound.

bottleneck, Oct 8, 2004
Ask a Question