Wanted : Mission 752 Freedom Speakers In Rosewood

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by judethedude, Feb 18, 2006.

1. judethedude

judethedude

As the title states, I'm after a pair of Mission 752F Freedom speakers in rosewood. Would also consider the earlier 752. Thankyou

judethedude, Feb 18, 2006
  2. judethedude

shrink

ah but you really wanna hold out for the freedoms mate.. a much better speaker... and one of my all time favs.

shrink, Feb 18, 2006
  3. judethedude

judethedude

Thanks for that shrink, does that mean you have a pair to sell then ?

judethedude, Feb 19, 2006
  4. judethedude

shrink

alas no.... i never did get round to owning a pair when they were readilly available.

i now run a set of mission 782 SE's (the new take on the theme) which capture a lot of what the 752's were about.

You really should hold out for freedoms though.. they are still a great used bargain and rarely pass £250

shrink, Feb 19, 2006
  5. judethedude

judethedude

The crazy thing is that I already own a pair of 753's (front), 751's (rear) and a 75C centre speaker. The reason I now want a pair of 752's is that I recently changed my 32" Sony Wega to a 36" Toshiba 36ZP48.

One of the 753's sat about a foot away from the Sony without a problem but the magnetic field from the 753 affects the Toshiba so badly that I have had to put the 753's at the back and bring the 751's (on 1 metre stands) to the front. I'm therefore hoping that because the 752's only have one main driver, the magnetic field will not affect the Toshiba CTV as badly as the 753's.

I'll definetly hold out for a pair of 752F's in the hope that they solve the problem.

6. judethedude

shrink

u may find a need to re-tune your subwoofer quite heavilly then... the 752's dont go THAT low.. mind you.. neither do the 753's.... lots of bass power.. but there are limits to using 13cm drivers... even if there are 4 :)

u should get good money for the 753's though :)

the 75c is a great centre speaker.... as you can see from my profile i use entirely mission speakers for my home cinema.. and i couldnt be happier.

shrink, Feb 19, 2006
  7. judethedude

judethedude

Thankyou for the posts Shrink.

Providing the 752's don't affect the CTV in the same way as the 753's do, I'm intending to use the 753's as rears and sell the 751's and Atacama stands. It will be a bit of a compromise but I'm sure it will work out.

My Velodyne sub has plenty ooomph to compensate for anything lacking in the bass department of the 752's.

8. judethedude

shrink

to be honest.. ud be better advised to stick with the 751's on the rear... they are a better voice match for the 75c and 752's

the 753's on back will just overpower the works... ud be as well getting the good cash for them really... but thats only my opinion of course :)

shrink, Feb 19, 2006
  9. judethedude

shrink

oh and also... if you have to have your main speakers only a foot away from the TV you really cant be getting a decent sense of envelopment... is there no way at all you can get them further away that this.. as it really is far too close :(

shrink, Feb 19, 2006
  10. judethedude

judethedude

Ideally, I would like the 753's at the front and a pair of 752's as rears. It's a big room (21 x 16 feet) but there is a fireplace at one end with alcoves either side. The TV fits nicely into one of the alcoves with room for a speaker next to it. I can't put the TV at the other end of the room because then we'd be sitting with our backs to the fireplace. 50% of each sidewall is either door or glass. It's a pain I know.

judethedude, Feb 20, 2006
  11. judethedude

BlueMax

I have a pair of 753s in black ash. Have listened to other floorstanders but still happy the Missions :)

Bass response is fine for my classical classical music atstes but the young ones in the house would want a sub-woofer.

Some tweaks:-

1. The screws around the units come loose. Tighten them up every couple of years or so.

2. Remove the mesh grill of the HF unit. It is only there for protection according to engineers at Mission and they can degrade the sound.

3. Gently twist together wires.

4. Remove and clean all contacts in the crossover unit and to the terminals.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
    BlueMax, Feb 20, 2006
  12. judethedude

judethedude

Hello BlueMax,

There is a black plastic mesh grille over the tweeter but I can't see how to get it out without damaging it.

Where abouts inside the cabinet is the crossover unit ?

Thankyou

13. judethedude

BlueMax

You need to remove the screws and take out HF unit.
    Crossover units can be accessed from the rear where the terminals are fitted.

I have files with detailed instructions on these and other tweaks in my PC. But I am in India now and using a ThinkPad and celphone as a modem. I will post you the files when I return to Sussex, towards the end of March.

BlueMax, Feb 20, 2006
  14. judethedude

BlueMax

You need to remove the screws and take out HF unit.
    Crossover units can be accessed from the rear where the terminals are fitted.

I have files with detailed instructions on these and other tweaks in my PC. But I am in India now and using a ThinkPad and celphone as a modem. I will post you the files when I return to Sussex, towards the end of March.

BlueMax, Feb 20, 2006
  15. judethedude

judethedude

Thankyou BlueMax

Ask a Question