Wanted.......

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by zanash, Sep 4, 2007.

1. zanash

mr cat Member of the month

I think it's a good idea to use a forum to sell stuff - a potential user base is already there, cheap (free?) advertising costs, and the buyers will no doubt give an honest opinion of the product...

I think then that maybe I would have sold a few on ebay to get a taste of the wider audience - then maybe if would have gained a reputation there then perhaps become a pro seller in some form on there?

mr cat, Sep 10, 2007
  2. zanash

zanash

I'd have started this business regardless.....so its not started on the back of the forum ....it was started because I recieved so many orders for cable that could not be demmed ...work for friends as the nice inland revenue man I spoke to said.

I am vat registered [or will be when I recieve notification

I'd had offered the cables on a friendly basis to any one interested, but that was before things turned sour .....

Becaues things have become strained I've altered the loan arrangment as a little bird told me certain things that I didn't like the sound of .....I could have said stuff the lot of you....and walked away. I'm honouring my part of the offer ....I just don't want the results of the tests to be made public ..without my specific say so....thats not to stop poor reports or good ones for that matter. Its to stop out of context comments or thread hijacking. Remember these are not commercial offering just trial cables...

No ones making people try these cables so if they can't agree to the restrictions that there problem. If people don't like it thats tough, they know where to point the blame.

zanash, Sep 10, 2007
  3. zanash

Bob McC living the life of Riley

cake and eating it.

Bob McC, Sep 10, 2007
  4. zanash

Dev Moderator

Pete, how many products would you willing to try if there were such terms and condition attached? If you have confidence in your products then you should show it by asking members to come to their own conclusions and discussing it freely, not to stifle their views.

As for things turning sour, it always takes at least 2 to argue.

Dev, Sep 10, 2007
  5. zanash

i.j.russell

I don't think that Zanash wants to restrict comments on purchased cables whether positive or negative. What he is trying to do is get some feedback about prototype cables that he is considering releasing as commercial products. It is standard practice in many industries to release prototypes to carefully selected users under strict non-disclosure terms in order to get feedback and, if necessary, make adjustments prior to release to the general public.

Ian

i.j.russell, Sep 10, 2007
  6. zanash

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Pete, as someone who is responsible for all the external testing of products at a company with a 20 million dollar turnover, i can tell you that we never impose any conditions at all on customer feedback.

it limits the willingness of testers to take part and always implies that you are trying to hide something.

you have to take the chrunchy with the smooth.

having negative comments about a prototype means nothing, our early stage gear each season gets slammed, and every time we take this valublefeedback and use it to improve the products to make them class leaders.

from a marketing standpoint, our ability to make these changes and deliver improved 'serial' products to the end consumer and the fact that we are seen to answer this criticism and improve products in such an open way makes us unique.

the result is, we lead our market.

think carefully, ignore lawyers, and have faith in your product. if you don't no one else will.

sq225917, Sep 10, 2007
  7. zanash

Bob McC living the life of Riley

At no point did he mention getting advice from lawyers merely his 'backers'. They could be Barclays bank or his mum and dad for all we know.

Bob McC, Sep 10, 2007
  8. zanash

zanash

thank you !

zanash, Sep 10, 2007
  9. zanash

ADPully

Pete, given the type of the replies you've had perhaps shows a Non Disclosure Agreement was the right decision.

I work for a $25 Billion company - NDA's are common - that could be why they are not a $20 Million business?

Aim High

Andy

ADPully, Sep 10, 2007
  10. zanash

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

or it could just be that our market is smaller. ;-)

sq225917, Sep 11, 2007
  11. zanash

zanash

Well everyone who returned the acceptance form has now had a set of cables ....those of you who couldn't be bothered will obviously not be considered in any future testing.

Results so far confirm my suspicions that this cable is not the greatest ....but then the price point is rock bottom.

Many thanks to all who made the effort......and I thumb my nose at those who wasted my time !

zanash, Sep 30, 2007
  12. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

well, you can always try another one :)

bottleneck, Sep 30, 2007
  13. zanash

zanash

thank you dev just goes to show were sympathies lie ....[post now removed but not from my email]

zanash, Sep 30, 2007
  14. zanash

Dev Moderator

You can't have it both ways Pete. There was no need to make the comment you made above and it'll only fuel arguments. I deleted my post for the same reason. My position on cables has already been stated many times. (i.e. I occupy the middle ground).

Dev, Sep 30, 2007
  15. zanash

rollo

Well welcome to the business end. Hope your wearing your seatbelt. Its a bumpy ride for sure. Good luck, hope it works out better than my experience.

rollo

rollo, Oct 24, 2007
Ask a Question