Was a great new years party..BUT

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ultrasonic, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

My hifi and home cinema system took sum punishing, had about 60-70 students in my house all thrashing my kit as i foolishly alowed entry in my room.... everything is fine except my beloved tannoys!1 of the super tweeters have been poked in and they are a plastiky material which is making it extremely difficult to suck out :cry: and i tried poking it but it made it worse!sounds still the same but psycholigically its uncomfortable knowin they arent in tip top condition :eek: got the mesh bits back on now but its abit too l8...

It was a good night though, had singstar karaoke game on the PS2 blasing out of 4 speakers wiv gutso and the rel :JPS: house is complete mess now, bottle caps everywhere, sick on carpet, drink spilt on computer-u get the idea. Im just so glad they didnt scratch the cabinets themselves on my speakers. Say i want a replacement super tweeter would nayone know the cost for a single unit??

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Jan 1, 2005
  2. Ultrasonic

Dexter

Tweeta Suckaz

Take some masking tape, dab it on a wool sweater to make it slightly less tacky, apply to tweeter indentation, work it gently outwards. May take a few attempts, but should do the trick. Refrain from further poking and obsessing! ;)

Good Luck, Dex

Dexter, Jan 1, 2005
  3. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Cheers Dexter, will give that a go. Just discovered somethingelse, im guessing some drunk fell into the speaker, thumb in tweeter knocked the whole speaker+stand right into the rear wall as 1 of the corners is dented :mad:

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Jan 1, 2005
  4. Ultrasonic

Robbo

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

Unlucky Ultra.

Robbo, Jan 1, 2005
  5. Ultrasonic

julian2002 Muper Soderator

best idea is to get some cheapo party speakers and put your 'best' away from pissed fingers.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jan 1, 2005
  6. Ultrasonic

Rory satisfied

really sorry to hear about your Tannoys mate :(

Rory, Jan 1, 2005
  7. Ultrasonic

wflem007

Bit of a nightmare that.

We were out on Old Years Night, leaving the 16 yr old at home alone. Except he wasn't.

When we were several miles away from home I was told he was having 15 or so "mates" round for a quiet party.

I passed out on the spot - couldn't settle the rest of the night and couldn't wait to get home.

Glad to say nothing was touched - my listening room is total seperate and I'm very fussy about my gear being touched at all. I do the cleaning and dusting there myself, and I always wear white cotton gloves if I'm touching kit or cd's.

Sad B*at'rd or what ?

wflem007, Jan 2, 2005
  8. Ultrasonic

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

insurance claim time!!!!

lAmBoY, Jan 3, 2005
  9. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Im a perfectionist too wflem, but i don go as far as using cotton gloves wen handling hifi tho...i just take my ring off :) i cant seem to enjoy music asmuch now i know 1 of my speakers are damaged, do uno the feeling?i dont want to upgrade either because A: im skint from xmas shoppin etc, B: i love the sound im gettin atm! But i can see that an upgrade is inevitable and it will have to be the speakers because i want a mint pair...wont be for a good few months yet and i might even consider just paying fora replacement tweeter. It is the super tweeter which is damaged, do you guys think it will effect the rest of the sonic balance? I dont think the systems sounding as sweet as it was but it could well be psychological :rolleyes:

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Jan 3, 2005
  10. Ultrasonic

PaulH

PaulH, Jan 3, 2005
  11. Ultrasonic

julian2002 Muper Soderator

ultra,
    to be honest i doubt it makes much difference. if you can claim on your insurance. if not just fix it as best you can and put up with it untill you have enough dosh to upgrade.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jan 3, 2005
  12. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Yeh it was just psychological :D got the outkast speakerboxxx album today and was blownaway by the sound :) il jst have to cast a blind eye to that tweeter :cool: and the dent isnt actually that bad... :eek: back in sonic nirvana agen, afterall its the music, not the kit or dents!
    Ultra :)

Ultrasonic, Jan 4, 2005
Ask a Question