Welcome newcomers!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bottleneck, Jun 19, 2003.

1. bottleneck

Arnold Hwang

Hi Arnold here, i just have the audio technica m50x headphones.

Arnold Hwang, Apr 23, 2016
  2. bottleneck

musichal

I have newly-acquired Khorns, and FedEx has en route a custom-built ST-70 crawling toward me. Laptop to Schiit Modi is my primary source. An old Lexicon DC-1 is my Preamp. My taste in music is broad, jazz, blues, rock/progrock, classical, bluegrass, country old and new - not a lot I don't like. And hi, all.

musichal, May 13, 2016
  3. bottleneck

Arkless Electronics

Hi, I'm Jez and just to be sure It's within forum rules, I'll state now that I am a trade person (repairs and design and manufacture of hifi equipment) and so if that is not permitted please delete my account forthwith.

Arkless Electronics, Sep 7, 2016
  4. bottleneck

Dissily Mordentroge

New here and finding the software running this site very, very confusing. When attempting to fill my profile a home page address is damanded. I have no home page address and no intention of acquiring one so cannot register my profile. I'm also wondering why when I open a thread the oldest posts are listed and there doesn't appear to be any method I can find that alters this to open threads with the latest posts.

Dissily Mordentroge, Jan 5, 2017
  5. bottleneck

Ian

Welcome :)

Don't worry about adding a homepage, the profile section is primarily full of optional fields - most people leave them empty. As you click on each forum section on the homepage, it should list all threads in order of last post date - so the newest are at the top. If you click the "new posts" button in the top right corner of each page, it should show you any new and unread threads.

Ian, Jan 9, 2017
  6. bottleneck

jonboselector

Hi

I've just joined the forum

I like music to be challenging like in Wire magazine.

When I'm feeling lazy I'll listen to more top twenty stuff like Carly Rae Jepsonon

Recently I've been listening to Charles Lloyd, Trish Clowes and Australian psych jazz band Tangents.

jonboselector, Feb 2, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  7. bottleneck

fjoggedelic audiophile user

Hey Chris

Just updated my profile, after years of "silence" from me.?

In fact, i forget i was a member, but got into the site again,

after seeking some info about Lavardin.

So here i am, and i`m looking forward to discuss, debat and

just see how others Audiophile is doing "out there".?

Thomas

fjoggedelic, Sep 14, 2017
  8. bottleneck

assassin

Hi every one i am a newby here today. As you see i have a caspian roksan system which i bought 24 years ago with ruark prologue one speakers cabletalk monitor van den hul and banana leads with chord rumour cables.At the time it was a fortune to me.but worth every penny.we played it loads when i got it.but kids came along and it's been through a baron period.I have recently resarected it with the purchase of a logitech squeezebox touch.I am looking to improve things further with a dac.So your suggestions will be welcome.
    My music tastes are quite wide my main music is northern soul which i danced at wiggan cassino many moons ago.my other music tastes are leonard cohen elton john mike and the machanics george michael.I like what i like.
    no particular artist.My other interests are my motor bike which i have done forever.Well thats about it sorry if i've bored you all.Look forward to discussing things with you.

assassin, Feb 2, 2018
  9. bottleneck

Ian

Ian, Feb 4, 2018
  10. bottleneck

SnowDog

Hi,

I am Chris, running a Cambridge Audio cxc transport, REGA DAC, Chinese Little Dot MKIV valve preamp and a QUAD 99 power amp into Q Acoustics speakers.

Took a while to get this balanced with the right cabling. I like all music except Reggae and Country (no offence!). Not into streaming yet - I do play lossless files from my PC sometimes but I prefer CDs somehow.

About 18 years ago I went digital-only and am not finding it bad at all really.

SnowDog, May 27, 2018
  11. bottleneck

Humanoid85

Hi, another noob here. Into 70/80/90s music and the same for audio equipment. Currently have Denon 700AE amp and CD, 1500ae Tuner, Technics SL-Q210 TT and MA R352 speakers (all subject to change)

Humanoid85, Jun 8, 2018
  12. bottleneck

SnowDog

Hey Humanoid. Welcome!

SnowDog, Jun 16, 2018
  13. bottleneck

SnowDog

Hi. Welcome.

I just I would share some thoughts on DACs. I have only had 3 but my latest is a real gem. I hardly believed at first a DAC could make such a difference. I started with the CA DacMagic and was happy for a while until a friend brought his Music Fidelity DAC round - there was a difference which I hadn't expected. So, I bought one too. Now I have a second hand REGA DAC and this has transformed things. REGA has a newer one now, mine is the old one. I think your ears get trained when you get into all this stuff cos I really don't think I would have cared 2 years ago. I won't be swapping out the Rega for a while. As much as people always say: go and get a demo - it is difficult to tell in a demo situation what is best. I have to wait a week to attune to it. I either like it and keep it or go back to the old stuff with a sigh of relief. I hear a lot of good things about Roksan gear.

SnowDog, Jun 16, 2018
  14. bottleneck

jonboselector

Hi I'm new too.

While on the subject of dacs, I've mostly used the Cambridge Audio Streamagic 6 in recent times.

But a spanner in the works has arrived in the form of a Marantz Cd273 with the 16bit tda 1541 giving me a bolder and crisper sound, not lacking subtlety though.

Currently listening to the Monkees, Miles Davis KOB, Lydian Collective (who?) Vinho do Porto etc etc.

The rest of my kit is dominated by Naim 282 / 250 with Rogers LS4A speakers.

So a bit of old and new. It makes for great music and enjoyment. Which is what it is all about, I think.

jonboselector, Oct 22, 2018
  15. bottleneck

Southern Yank

Hey all, just in for more education.

Southern Yank, Jan 2, 2019
  16. bottleneck

Ian

Welcome aboard :).

Ian, Jan 3, 2019
  17. bottleneck

fjoggedelic audiophile user

Hey good audiophile people :)
    Just a quick update on my gear:
    Lavardin C62/MAP (pre-power/mono) - Le Contoure Stabile 160 speakers(Lavardin)
    Linn Ikemi CD Player - Rega P8 deck, with Rega Ania MC p.u. & Rega FONO MC (2018)
    All Lavardin Cables, interconnect, speaker, Power cords (CMR), Gigawatt PF-2 Power Filter (distributions block).
    At the moment i'm looking for an used Rega IOS phono-amp/riaa, so my TT will sing like engles :rolleyes:
    Life too short for boring HI-FI.!
    PB280057.JPG

fjoggedelic, Jan 7, 2019
  18. bottleneck

Davi Viotto

New
    the transistors will be make with the base region by vacuum not by semiconductor, then the in the state of art of fidelity this was my dream and will be made.

Davi Viotto, Sep 23, 2019
    fjoggedelic likes this.
  19. bottleneck

Lenny

Hi:

I posted my intro in another section, but my name is Lenny. I like early rock 60 to 70’s.

My system;

Sony Strdh190 receiver
    Audio Technica LP120xusb turntable
    Sony C3CCS speakers
    Polk Audio T15 Speakers
    Sony LP300USB turntable (a backup)
    CD player.

As I noted per my previous post, this is a very modest beginners setup.

I was out if the hobby for 30 years. I decided to get back in after I retired 10 months ago. I purchased my present system and was then shocked when I learned about the high end, expensive, but great sounding equipment available.

At any rate my system as modest as it is and understand I would never compare it to the high end equipment, it sounds good to me.

I hope to learn much from this group. And perhaps one day contribute.

Lenny.

Lenny, Feb 12, 2020
  20. bottleneck

Davi Viotto

The old sound, because the new one has a metallic sound, does not even reach the feet of the old class A, but in the near future we will have the class D with "face of class A" and with a reasonable price, after all we have to create better and cheaper things for consumers, it’s not my dream, it’s my reality. Wait...

Davi Viotto, Feb 12, 2020
Ask a Question