Well done the Reds

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GAZZ, May 26, 2005.

1. GAZZ

GAZZ

Kings of europe

5 times now and get to keep the trophy

GAZZ, May 26, 2005
  2. GAZZ

Heavymental

Hell of a game. Don't get drama like that very often. One in the eye for those who said it would be a boring 1-0 defensive exhibition.
    Well done Liverpool.

Heavymental, May 26, 2005
  3. GAZZ

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Very considerate of Liverpool. Now any Stretford Buccaneers fans that want to see the European cup they once won can nip down the East lancs road to Anfield where it will be on display - for ever!

Bob

Bob McC, May 26, 2005
  4. GAZZ

michaelab desafinado

What a shame they won't be able to defend the trophy....never mind though, Everton can always try on their behalf :torkmada:

Michael.

michaelab, May 26, 2005
  5. GAZZ

Lt Cdr Data om

totally unbelievable, I thought they were dead and sunk after that 1st goal, to score against an italian defence, well....

even so I still think italian defences are dirty in the way they pull players down and their thespian abilities

honestly, the amount of shirt pulling they get away with, I think it should be eradicated by yellow card, then when half the side get sent off, it may become history

gattuso should have walked....

Lt Cdr Data, May 26, 2005
  6. GAZZ

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Fingers crossed they will yet be able to...

Top match. Great to see Gerrard having a major influence in a major final like that, and Carragher doing so well defensively as the match went on.

MartinC, May 26, 2005
  7. GAZZ

GAZZ

Real Madrid won the cup a few years ago while not qualifing, the spanish FA put Real through and took the place away from the 4th place team. Real went through as if they were league winners and the other teams went down one place.

GAZZ, May 26, 2005
  8. GAZZ

MartinC Trainee tea boy

So if the English FA did that it would take the Champions League spot away from Everton and give it to Liverpool? :D .

MartinC, May 26, 2005
  9. GAZZ

A0S

Yep
    Of course the last time Everton qualified for Europe they didn't get in because English clubs were banned after Heysel.

A0S, May 26, 2005
  10. GAZZ

michaelab desafinado

Hmmm...can you say civil war? :lol:

Michael.

michaelab, May 27, 2005
  11. GAZZ

T-bone Sanchez

The FA have stated that Everton will keep their place as a champs league qualifier. UEFA's website did actually state that the TH (title holders) are the first automatic qualifiers however Ive just tried to find the page and its been changed!

Those giants of welsh football, TNS, have offered their place to liverpool on the understanding they get to play a one-off match with them.

T-bone Sanchez, May 27, 2005
  12. GAZZ

Bob McC living the life of Riley

And the Welsh FA have said they will give the European place to the second placed team in Wales if TNS dare repeat it!

My solution - Everton have only qualified for the qualifying round so Liverpool play Everton in a qualifier. (I'll bet this is the solution UEFA go for)

Bob

Bob McC, May 27, 2005
  13. GAZZ

T-bone Sanchez

As for as I am aware if the winners have already qualified through their league position another doesnt become available, ie if Chelski had won it liverpool, being the 5th team still wouldnt have qualified. This mean that you have to qualify via your league position.

Everton will argue that its not fair they play their qualify against the holders when they could quite easily get a team like TNS and qualify for all the wonga. This makes the UEFA ranking scheme pointless. It a bit of a cock-up really.

T-bone Sanchez, May 27, 2005
  14. GAZZ

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Of course it's completely absurd. The Champions of the competition MUST be available to defend their title.

I was going to add that we (the mighty Clarets) knocked the European Champions out of the FA cup this year. Then I remembered that T-bone's B*st*rd Rovers knocked us out. ShYuJXXDSRSjsxhttt!!!

7_V, May 27, 2005
  15. GAZZ

Dev Moderator

No!, as it's football, holy war might be more appropriate:D.

Dev, May 27, 2005
  16. GAZZ

Matt F

A bloke here in work staked 50p on Liverpool at half time and won over £100!

I agree that the rules that prevent them from defending the cup are ridiculous but I don't see how they can be changed retrospectively. They were the rules at the start of the competition so (as they weren't questioned at the time) that's that, no matter how daft they are.

Matt.

Matt F, May 27, 2005
Ask a Question