What cabels tobactive stage monitors.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Vainius, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Vainius

Vainius

Hello, I want to know what cables should i choose to buy for active stage monitors and if it would be passive I would need different cables? Also i dont know how to find out how to know from eye which cabel is instrument which is speaker.

Vainius, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Vainius

Sergeauckland

What cables you need depends on what stage monitors you have:-

1) If active, with balanced inputs, then you need well screened balanced cable, such as one uses for microphones.
    2) If active with unbalanced inputs, then you need unbalanced coax cable, either instrument cable, which is very flexible,or well screened cable such as RG6 or RG59.
    3) If passive, then you need loudspeaker cable, and as distances are likely to be greater than one would have at home, I suggest 2.5mm or 4mm cable. There are several companies, one is Van Damm, that make Touring cable, suitable for stage use.

As to knowing by eye, all these cables are available in different colours, so you can choose a colour-code that makes sense to you.

S.

Sergeauckland, Nov 17, 2022
    lawrence001 likes this.
Ask a Question