What does "zerogain" mean?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shikeye, Jul 13, 2003.

1. shikeye

shikeye

wondering...:SLEEP:

shikeye, Jul 13, 2003
  2. shikeye

michaelab desafinado

Well, literally "zero gain" mains, no gain, whether in techincal terms (including hifi) or just general terms. However you probably knew that already :) Why is the site called ZeroGain?

Well, there used to be a HiFi/music forum called GrooveHandle (RIP) which closed down, for reasons I can't be bothered to go into here, and so that everyone who was on GrooveHandle still had a place to post about similar stuff, I setup a similar forum here at my own domain, zerogain.com.

I didn't choose that domain name for any particular reason other than it sounded kind of cool and vaguely meant something and I'd spent the previous 2 or 3 days searching in vain for a decent domain name that hadn't already been taken and just couldn't be bothered any more. It actually was the suggestion of a friend of mine who's quite good at coming up with random things like that!

The domain, and my website(s) (also hosted here) were around a long time before the forum and it was the easiest and quickest thing to do to create the forum here where I had a load of free webspace and an existing domain and hosting arrangement that had good MySQL and PHP support.

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 13, 2003
Ask a Question