What speaker cable for 5 speaker surround?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Frilliant, May 13, 2023.

1. Frilliant

Frilliant

Hi everyone. I'm new here.

Could anyone recommend some decent replacement copper cable please to get the most out of it again?

Also wondering what is the biggest gauge cable I could run for 8 ohms speakers I could use for best sound too please?

I've got a pioneer 5.1 home cinema surround amp, with matching set of 5 speakers, nothing really fancy. No sub though. No HDMI connections or bluetooth either

Ever since I bought it I've been running ( about £20 - £30 a time pre-packaged roll ) copper speaker cable in a sheath, I've moved around a fair bit & it's always gone with me. For a while now it's not been sounding as good or loud as it used to when turned up a bit, not too much, & I'm wondering what would be 1 of the best speaker cable/s to use to re wire it with?

Last couple of days have been using a very basic cheap dvd player to play cds that's connected to main TV with TV connected to amp with a Digital Optical Audio Cable & even turned up it sounds a bit rubbish/tinnie. TV also has sound setting set to External Audio system too.

Thank you. Frilliant

Frilliant, May 13, 2023
Ask a Question