what's this component really called?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by editor, Aug 20, 2005.

1. editor

editor

Hi All. 1st time on. When I was a student I had a technics SU-V5 amp. Now I've just bought an electro-acoustic guitar & I was minded to try chucking this through it. But it has an input prob. Dodgy connection which is down to a specific component. Here's what's happening. The input slector on the amp's fascia mechanically controls the travel of a small brass disc through like a ribbon cable. This disc inserts into an array thus controls the inoput path. It looks as if it's this array that's dodgy. I guess the thinking was to keep the input circuitry as close to the inputs as poss. But what is it called? Or more directly, how can I get hold of one?

If it comes to it I could always desolder the recorder selector array, which is the same & move it over. But seems a shame as rest of the amp is fine. Which is a miracle considering the abuse it got, but that's another story!

If this forum works the same as my biking one (visordown) then it's virtual drinks at bar all around!

Thanks all

editor, Aug 20, 2005
  2. editor

penance Arrogant Cock

Selector switch by the sound of it.

And Hi to another visordown bod :)

penance, Aug 20, 2005
  3. editor

zanash

put a pic up .......someone will recognise the part

zanash, Aug 21, 2005
  4. editor

technobear Ursine Audiophile

I once owned an SU-V5 :)

They're crap :eek:

A Cambridge A1 mkIII for £80 from Richer Sounds will wipe the floor with it.

So will a DENON PMA255UK for £125 from Hifi Store.

Treat yourself ;)

Visor Down! :rolleyes:

Ride safe :cool:

technobear, Aug 22, 2005
Ask a Question