Whats this in English please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Saab, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Saab

Saab

This is the description of the the crossovers in my speakers;

Phase-consistent Global Axis Integration Network with stacked First Order circuits configured to enable 4th order acoustic slopes for minimum cross-talk distortion and reduced lobing. Frequency Response: 40Hz to 25 kHz (-3dB points, in-room). Anechoic Graphs included*

I suspect the Global Axis network are linked to Al-Queda,but I could be wrong.I would like to know whether my house is under surveillance.And what it actually means.

Saab, Oct 2, 2005
  2. Saab

Stereo Mic

Saab,

From the description above I would assume you have Von Schweikert loudspeakers in which case it is simply marketing speak and general BS according to 6moons anyway. If I may quote some text from a highly amusing article,

So just ignore that garbage and enjoy your music!

Stereo Mic, Oct 2, 2005
  3. Saab

Saab

Indeed.:) (I have the VR-1s)

Luckily,they sound great.Can't blame a relatively small maker finding a way of making claims of victories where none exist without actually lying.It seems they are guilty of creative literary licence,fair play.

Saab, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Saab

Stereo Mic

For me, lies are designed to mislead. That is designed to mislead. Same thing really. The kind of guy that gives the audio industry a bad name. Still, that's nothing against his loudspeakers which I am sure are very good indeed.

Stereo Mic, Oct 2, 2005
  5. Saab

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I reaquainted myself with some of these last week (have heard them briefly before), however had a good 4 hour session with these Darleks
    Well, they are good but the hype about them I feel is well unfounded, not particularly room friendly in the system I Listened too. No matter what we did with postion and boundary changes.
    Room was a decent size too, 26' long by 18 ' wide by 7' 2" hiigh
    Equipment was , Msb Patinum cd station, Spectron Musician III, cables by cardas/Synergistic research, isolation by BCD
    The always projected that 'enclosed & shut in feeling', tonal balance was darker than I'm used too (not neccessarly a bad thing)
    The vibrancy I'm used always was absent too, scale was nice on them, mids range was projected nicely too.
    Bass, well frankly odd???, good extension and fullness, but well really difficult to put my finger on it??
    Timing wasn't too shabby at all, they seem to have the ability to glue virtually all the music I threw at them.
    Still something about the bass :confused:
    The VR4's just don't seem a real sounding as I would expect from this price point, there's a touch of artificalness about the sound that rears its head during those tracks you know well, that just doesn't sit right with me.
    Still 4 hours is really on a long brief listen, and I will revisit these in a few months again. (they do have over 500 hours on them, so the VR4's arnt virigin puppies either)
    A good collegue of mine in the states has just swopped his Meadowlarks for the VR4 SR's
    Part of his last mail to me was this

"Got the VS and I miss the birds. I have not found the correct room
    placement yet. There is quite a difference in the sound. The Meadowlarks
    were definitely more airy and neutral. More alive. "

Just one viewpoint, though it did seem to tie up with a few things I heard.
    As always give them a long listen at Home.
    Wm

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
    wadia-miester, Oct 2, 2005
  6. Saab

Saab

Maybe,or just the result of working in a cut-throat industry.Nowhere near as bad as MF constantly describing their gear as the best ever,ever,ever in the whole of the known universe and even beyond.

Not sure VS are hyped up Tony,you read very little on the web apart from the odd review.

Saab, Oct 2, 2005
  7. Saab

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Dave,
    In the states they are seen as something good by more than one or 2 in the industry, They are a good speaker yes, outstanding NO.
    Like so much hifi & consumer goods, the proof of the puddings is in the eating.

wadia-miester, Oct 2, 2005
  8. Saab

Saab

The Americans get excited about everything.As you say,the proof is in the pudding.

Saab, Oct 2, 2005
Ask a Question