Whats this record worth?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by adam, May 12, 2004.

1. adam

adam

I have a 1980 limited edition picture disc,in the shape of a sheriffs badge,of The Police,"Message In A Bottle",I think it may have come from the USA where only 4400 copies were made,is this figure alot in record terms, or does it make it rare and valuable?,I think it may well be,so was wondering if anyone has any information on the record,how rare is it,and what is its worth?

adam, May 12, 2004
  2. adam

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

The Police don't seem that collectable (which is quite surprising), even things like the 6 x 7†singles coloured vinyl set doesn't make more than 10-15 quid. I've not checked eBay recently though, that place is a law unto itself so the prices may well be different. I'd be surprised if the shaped pic of Message in a bottle would make more than a fiver, though I have been wrong before!

Tony.

TonyL, May 12, 2004
  3. adam

adam

I looked on the E-bay site aswell,and was quite suprised that there wasn't much of a demand for The Police.Thought it may be worth more,paid £27 for a rare Madness,"one step beyond"12",so you never know.

adam, May 12, 2004
  4. adam

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Yeah - I'm surprised as well - I've got the entire Police back catalog on vinyl (and paid something like £12 for the whole lot!) - wander why they're not collectable?

By the way - what album is "Murder by numbers" on? Heard it in the "Copycat" movie recently, but my Police vinyl's half buried in my stuff at the mo so awkward to get to?

I'd say 4400 copies is FAIRLY rare, but when you get down below 1000 copies, that's when things get really interesting...

I've got "Brothers in arms" on CD single - one of only 600. I'd love to know how many copies of, say, Now that's what I call music 4 on CD were pressed...

domfjbrown, May 13, 2004
  5. adam

Thom PC

Murder By Numbers

Dom,

"By the way - what album is "Murder by numbers" on? Heard it in the "Copycat" movie recently, but my Police vinyl's half buried in my stuff at the mo so awkward to get to?"

I have "Murder By Numbers" as a bonus track on my cd version of Synchronicity. Don't know where else it might be available.

Thom

Thom PC, May 14, 2004
  6. adam

midlifecrisis Firm member

if it's not worth that much you can always use it as a sheriff's badge :D

midlifecrisis, May 14, 2004
  7. adam

julian2002 Muper Soderator

just don't let it go rusty
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 14, 2004