Why does the TNT flexy have 3 legs?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by amazingtrade, Aug 17, 2003.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I've finally got all the stuff my grandad took me to the places in the end. I've cut all the holes now, sanded them down, so now its just time to try and spray paint so hopefully in a few hours time it will be ready to assemble.

I just hope I can get the rods in place ok. The rods fit all the whole so far, but it may not line up correctly as one or two holes may be 1mm out.

I shall post later with pictures of the thing.

amazingtrade, Aug 18, 2003
  2. amazingtrade

penance Arrogant Cock

to late now, but next time clamp all shelves together and drill thru the lot in one go
    then they are inline

penance, Aug 18, 2003
  3. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

a big hammer will "adjust" things , also start with the middle shelve and work outwards,if the chuck of your drill will acept the rod it makes putting the nuts on a bit easier/quicker
    if you need to cut the rod at all put a nut on it first
    happy bodging/building

themadhippy, Aug 18, 2003
  4. amazingtrade

I am waiting for the paint to dry now, I used up the spray can very quickly got RSI in the process. I decided to use gloss paint and a roller instead, and the results so far look good. I am hoping they will only take an hour to dry.

Now its time to move my HIFI and old shelve out the room, I am going to assemble it my bedroom as it will be much easier than trying to carry it upstairs. The MDF alone weighs too much to carry in one go, let alone added bulkyness and rods.

5. amazingtrade

penance Arrogant Cock

do yourself a favour mate, give it at least 2 days for the paint to dry,
    unless that is, you want your equipent to damage the finish and stick to it

penance, Aug 18, 2003
  6. amazingtrade

BlueMax

Consider lining the entire bottom surface of the shelves with a layer of sound deadening pads. Automotive industry do not use the expensive bitumen pads anymore. But better performing synthetic stuff. Easy to apply and looks cool with its diamond embossed surface.

Avoid Halfords and other retailers. I bought direct from the local branch of Partco Autoparts, a company that supply the trade.
    www.partcogroup.co.uk
    Retail price is £31.64p plus VAT. Partco trade price I paid was £13.06 plus VAT. That was for 10 panels 500 x 200 !!!
    The product is called Bodyline Premier Sound Deadening Pads. Part No. BPSDP10.

Tetrosyl also make the stuff and distribute through APS branches throught UK. Chek out their website.

BTW. they are perfect for lining CDP, amp, tuner, DVD etc.

BlueMax, Aug 18, 2003
  7. amazingtrade

Yeah I will probably add some damping sheets as an afterthought, I am still not finished the painting yet. But hopefully by tomorrow evening they will be dry enough to start to assemble even if I don't put my kit on it.

The gloss paint is looking good anyway, better than I expected. I won't bother with spray paint again!

8. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

progress?

MO!, Aug 19, 2003
Ask a Question