Wilmslow-audio

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by DrMartin, Mar 15, 2010.

1. DrMartin

Haselsh1 Shaun H

I would absolutely love to build my own speakers based on full range Fostex drivers but I have no woodworking skills whatsoever. I'd also like custom designed cabinets as well in place of a kit but again, I can't do woodwork.

Haselsh1, Dec 26, 2010
  2. DrMartin

cyclonebri1

I bought a pair of studio monitor kits from WA about 17 years ago when they were actually in Wilmslow. Paid about £400 for the kits if I recall. They were/are fantastic. Back then they had a very proffesional listening studio along with a range of mainstream speakers from such as KEF, Tannoy etc.

Something obviously happened and now they are a small outfit down in Leicestershire in very basic accomodation. But, my tweeters needed attention and they provided better and uprated units at a very fair price. I also bought one of there 200W sub woofer kits. They didn't have the lesser spec volt driver in stock so I got a volt unit that was actually priced higher than the kit I bought.

They get my vote ;)

I would honestly put my """""£550""""" kits up against anything that fits the lounge

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
    cyclonebri1, Jan 11, 2011
Ask a Question