Wireless Surround Speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by djwero, Apr 13, 2006.

1. djwero

djwero

Hi

Anyone know if wireless surround speakers are any good (for use in a tv system), and can anyone recommend a good set or the type that are the best.

Thanks

djwero, Apr 13, 2006
  2. djwero

AlexTaylor

no they're not very good.

short and sweet.

AlexTaylor, Apr 13, 2006
  3. djwero

inteificio

they can't be completely wireless unless they are battery powered.

Why do you want a pair? what would you use them for.

inteificio, Apr 13, 2006
  4. djwero

djwero

okay cool

the speakers are for my dad btw..

he doesnt want wires anywhere, so how about a set of two speakers, or maybe 2 speakers and a sub?

anyone know something good he can setup for quite cheap but good quality, we dont know the wattage of the TV or DVD player, so would we need an amp if we wanted good speakers?

He wants it basically cinema style.. but not surround sound oviously as he doesnt want wires everywhere.

Hope this makes sence as im drunk.

djwero, Apr 14, 2006
  5. djwero

AlexTaylor

The thing is, it's pointless having surround speakers when there is no surround sound processing going on, it will just detract from what is going on.
    I used to use my old panasonic tellybox with two wharfedale diamond speakers wired up to the spring clips on the back and it sounded quite good actually.
    The best thing for your dad to do would be buy a cheap two channel amp and a pair of speakers, connect the audio outputs of the DVD player to the amp and the video to the telly and away you go. You will be amazed how much better this is and you may find you aren't interested in surround sound.
    I did this before getting an all in one Sony Davs550 by using an arcam amp and some little tannoy speakers, it sounded great!

AlexTaylor, Apr 14, 2006
Ask a Question