Worst drivers are BMW drivers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lhatkins, Oct 9, 2006.

1. lhatkins

andyoz

Best numberplate I ever saw was: "R.U.N.V.S"

It was on a Porsche 911 of course!

andyoz, Oct 16, 2006
  2. lhatkins

penance Arrogant Cock

Im a winning biker.

penance, Oct 17, 2006
  3. lhatkins

andyoz

I have a mental picture of an insecure middle aged man acting the Hoon* in his "hot" Beemer at any given chance. Bit sad really.

* see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoon

andyoz, Oct 17, 2006
  4. lhatkins

mr cat Member of the month

mr cat, Oct 17, 2006
  5. lhatkins

The Devil IHTFP

Well, if that's the sort of thing which keeps you happy...I note that the Subaru Impreza WRX is mentioned by name in your Wikipedia article about "hoon", but no BMWs.

What I'm saying is based on experience of what tailgating motorbicyclists tend to do when a corner looms ahead. They tend to slow down and drop back.

I would have thought almost any road car could pull more lateral g in a corner than almost any motorbicycle.

The Devil, Oct 17, 2006
  6. lhatkins

andyoz

The WRX is very much a hoon car.

When they were released in Oz, they were getting stolen at an alarming rate to be used as getaway cars. The police pursuit cars couldn't catch them. Police weren't allowed to buy WRX's as pursuit cars as they didn't come with an auto gearbox option (all Oz police cars are autos) so Subaru did a special run with auto boxes just for the coppers.

You're still a hoon though, admit it?

andyoz, Oct 17, 2006
  7. lhatkins

andyoz

Not even this activity...

"Hoon-ing can also include ...attempts to 'pick-up' fellow cruisers of the opposite sex"

ps. only kidding:D

andyoz, Oct 17, 2006
  8. lhatkins

The Devil IHTFP

I think I may be a bit old for that sort of carrying-on.

The Devil, Oct 17, 2006
  9. lhatkins

andyoz

Me too!

My hooning days ended when I sold my seriously modded Starion in '93. One of the reasons was the release of the WRX, got sick of getting my arse whipped.:banana:

andyoz, Oct 17, 2006
  10. lhatkins

ShinOBIWAN

The Evo is a superior machine to the subaru and that goes for any given production year. I just can't get around the fact that I think they're all less good looking.

My guess is an interation of car/driver limitations. Like any car, you drive within your own limitations and know what the car can and cannot do. Don't follow those rules and you'll very likely end up in a hedge, on the roof or dead in any car.

ShinOBIWAN, Oct 17, 2006
  11. lhatkins

ShinOBIWAN

:)

You'll also note that in my 'tales' I was quite clear in just who thought they had to prove something initially. The point was that some middle aged men in expensive motors have inadequacy issue's that make them challenge other cars regarded as 'fast'. I take great pleasure in making them feel small should they decide to try it on. Make no mistake that I don't go looking for that, if I drive fast its of my own accord and for pleasure, not to impress or prove anything unlike the middle aged donks or the boy racers with 19" wheels, subs and a lead foot.

Despite your insistance that the 328i is a fast car, the fact remains that the 328i is chaff to the 305 break Subaru. You know it, I know it and so does everyone else. For some reason you feel the need to protest that BM is some superbike challenger in order to make you feel good about what is just a luxury automobile with go faster stripes.

I'm a bit more realistic and honest - the subura gets hammered by superbikes. Which makes me question your 'look at me, I win superbikes' attitude.

Your attitudes regarding audio are a similar story ie. what you own is best.

ShinOBIWAN, Oct 17, 2006
  12. lhatkins

julian2002 Muper Soderator

the reason the scooby gets all the attention is that it's got that exhaust note - sounds visceral whereas the evo jsut sounds like a car.

personally i believe you should act as immaturely as you can when the occasion demands and no one else is going to get hurt.

julian2002, Oct 17, 2006
  13. lhatkins

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Of course it's a faster car.

It's also a very different type of car.

A BMW (like a mercedez, audi, jaguar, lexus etc) is an everyday car suitable for business miles, commuting, family travel etc.

I wouldn't like to do any of those activities in an Imprezza (or evo), which is why I don't own one.

My little boy would be impressed by the acceleration and go faster stripes, and he'll probably lust after one like mad when he's 16..

bottleneck, Oct 17, 2006
  14. lhatkins

The Devil IHTFP

Exactly. I considered the Subaru, along with some other cars, including a Porsche, before I bought the BMW. Yes, great for 5 minutes or so, but an ownership proposition? No, at least, not for me.

I think it's a car with an image problem, along with dreadful "styling", a crashy, uncomfortable ride, odd steering (who really needs four-wheel drive?) and a really low-rent interior.

The Devil, Oct 17, 2006
  15. lhatkins

penance Arrogant Cock

Probably fair comment, but i would argue that they are more than likely born agains. The 40 something brigade that have just got to get a bike to regain their youth. They dont know how to ride, hence tail gate and fall back at corners. Straight line hero's.

I have only ever ridden bikes, I dont drive. 11 years courier experience and "hooning". The last time a car taught me a lesson was on my Z650 (1978 vintage), that was over 8 years ago.

penance, Oct 17, 2006
  16. lhatkins

greg Its a G thing

What you mean loads of fun for small money? If not I suspect you need to test drive one.

greg, Oct 17, 2006
  17. lhatkins

julian2002 Muper Soderator

18. lhatkins

andyoz

Right you bunch of nancy boys.

I bet the factory fitted ICE system in my Volvo S60 (diesel :yikes:) would wipe the floor with the tinny factory gear in your WRX or Beemer.

Also, my seats are the best thing this side of a DFS store.

(it handles like a pile of s**t but I'm on the Motorway 90% of the time so who needs cornering potential)

andyoz, Oct 17, 2006
  19. lhatkins

penance Arrogant Cock

Mr Creosote?
    I didnt realise yu were such a famous French hater, I doff my hat to you Sir!

penance, Oct 17, 2006
  20. lhatkins

ShinOBIWAN

ShinOBIWAN, Oct 17, 2006
Ask a Question