zero cost tweak

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by zanash, May 2, 2007.

1. zanash

zanash

Theres currently some discussion on the other side about fuse....

here's a tweak that everyone can do.

unplug the wall socket and look at the pins if they are dull flat grey brown you need to clean them. Similarly if the fuse and fuse holder are not bright and shiney they need cleaning.

I use ....
    cillit bang [original the one in the add were they clean the penny]
    dismanlte the plug and drop all the metal parts into a cup and cover witth cillit bang solution ...when the solution has lost its colour wash the parts under the tap.
    then clean all the parts using duraglit wadding and clean with soft cloth. Do this till no black residue is removed by the cloth.
    I then use deoxite and progold to protect the cleaned surfaces.

What can you expect.....well that really depends if you don't believe your going to hear anything ...its very likely that you won't ...What I've heard in my own and other peoples systems is greater openess more dynamics....one person said it sounded cleaner ..who am I to argue.

so you deserve it to yourselves to go and have a look at your mains plugs and make certain your getting the best current transfere to your gear.

zanash, May 2, 2007
  2. zanash

Sonusthree Coaxial Kid

I did the same thing recently including fuses, fuse holders etc. I'm sure it sounded better but then again my car goes faster when it's just been washed!! I'm sure it's not worse than before and that's what matters most to me these days. I just don't trust my ears with tweaks like this anymore unless it's a very big difference. I'm just too suggestable I guess.

Sonusthree, May 2, 2007
  3. zanash

zanash

My wife says "a clean car is happy car"....and a happy car goes faster.

[actually I've noticed the same....hence the in house joke]

zanash, May 2, 2007
  4. zanash

Nuuk

Dear Sir,

My husband did this and electrocuted himself. Will you, or the web site, be liable for compensation!

------------------------------------------------------
    Careful what you write Zanesh, some people take things literally! ;)

Nuuk, May 6, 2007
Ask a Question