750va UPS (uninterruptible power supply)

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by shrink, Mar 26, 2011.

1. shrink

shrink

Ok, not entirely hi-fi related this one, but perhaps of interest to those of you running NAS boxes or servers for your music that you'd rather protect from power cuts, surges, spikes, and general mains nasties. However, as a 750va unit, it could conceivably be used as a mains filter for hifi equipment.

It performs filtration on the mains, and smooths out mains to an exact 220v output. You can even program it and tell it what voltage you want to output, and how much you want it to trim by when it senses over voltage etc. Its a very sophisticated bit of kit. It can be programmed to do a LOT of stuff. Would likely work very well with cd players, preamps and low power equipment. That said, at 750VA, it should handle most amplifiers as well. It has a total of 6 outputs on the back.

This one is an APC (the undisputed premium brand of UPS suppliers) and its the Smart UPS 750va model.

as per this link:

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=sua750i

its a proper beast, heavy and rugged. These things come in at around the £200 mark.

This particular unit, just had a brand new battery in october, at a cost to me of £70. Meaning it is in fantastic order and good to go from the outset.

I find it is surplus to my needs now so just looking to make a few quid off it.

Offers close to £100 considered.

Thanks chaps

shrink, Mar 26, 2011
Ask a Question