A bit of help would do Nicely!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lostnamerica, Oct 4, 2016.

1. lostnamerica

lostnamerica

Greetings from AZ! I am having a difficult time with choosing here. Will someone with more knowledge experience assist and give some feedback/input for me in which speaker set should I pick to (to update my current Music Hall Marimbas which were an impulse buy at a great price) with a Peachtree 65SE? I must also add that both the amp and speakers are still new in the box and I won't be able to use them until end of December. The listening environment that I will have will be a medium sized (studio apartment) room14x20. I listen to about 40% classical, 40% nu-wave/classic rock, 20% all other. With most to all the music is @ 16/48 and 24/96k via MacBook air using the VOX app/software. All three speakers seem to be highly regarded, and are good values, bang for the buck since the prices have dropped. I thank you for your valued input, this would be very helpful to me. Here is the shortlist of bookshelf speakers currently available I am considering upgrading to, thanks again for your consideration on this topic.

Peachtree Audio D5 sensitivity@85Db, 6 Ohm. $599new/ $425 used-mint

LSA .5 sensitivity@89Db 6 Ohm. $399new

Definitive Technology SM45 sen/90Db 8 Ohm $400new/$220used

Thank You!

LostnAmerica

lostnamerica, Oct 4, 2016
Ask a Question