A message of support for Britain

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 3DSonics, Aug 13, 2011.

1. 3DSonics

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi,

As someone who has lived and worked for many years in London (in Haringey, Tottenham, Edmonton and Enfield mostly, so I know many of the areas hit very personally), I have been completely gobsmacked by the pictures that where beaming around the world last week, even though I no longer live in the UK.

I would just like to voice my support for all of you who have been impacted by this.

All the best. And don't let these shitheads mess up britain, I liked it the way it was when I lived there and I will be back, at least for a few pints down at "Ye Olde Thamesside Inn"

Ciao T

3DSonics, Aug 13, 2011
  2. 3DSonics

nando nando

thanks we still not know the real reason as to why, but one can asume that there is no excuse, i too used to work for seven oaks in enfield,
    best regards and thanks .

nando, Aug 24, 2011
  3. 3DSonics

Cable Monkey

In previous rioting (80's etc) the majority got off scot free and the situation became the stuff of legend. A generation later and people thought they could do the same forgetting the huge step up in surveilance in recent years. An adjustment was necessary, it has now happened and I doubt we will see the like again because people know they will be pursued.

Cable Monkey, Aug 24, 2011
  4. 3DSonics

zygote23

LOl pursued and sentenced then sentences overturned and lots of outcry.

zygote23, Aug 24, 2011
  5. 3DSonics

felix part-time Horta

I bloody hope not. It was pretty clear from the off that the 'riots' were based purely on boredom and a misplaced sense of greed / entitlement rather than any serious political focus. It is most telling that the damage and looting mostly hit JDSports et sui generis, rather than obvious political/establishment targets - Town halls, Police stations, traffic embargoes, infrastructure.

As one of those who chose to work for what I want out of life - *|£@ 'em.

felix, Aug 28, 2011
  6. 3DSonics

felix part-time Horta

Ah um. It appears the sceptical view has been vindicated:
    one ; two - and there are other sources across the political spectrum.

felix, Sep 17, 2011
Ask a Question