A newcomer in need of help!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by tolkencatholic, Sep 16, 2008.

1. tolkencatholic

tolkencatholic

Hey guys, I was planning on purchasing the RB-51 Home Theater System for my Technics SL-QD33 and wanted to ask recommendations on amplifiers and preamplifiers that work well with that system. The room area is 12x12. Thanks again!

tolkencatholic, Sep 16, 2008
  2. tolkencatholic

RDD Longterm Lurker

Don't think I'll be of much help but help me understand a little bit, might help other people to help you as well :)

So you're buying a Klipsch RB 51 home cinema system, so what will you be using it with, DVD outputs through 5.1 surround? In which case you'll need an AV amp not a pre and power two channel Hi-Fi amp....unless I've missed something.

Also the Technics TT, is that your only two channel source?

RDD, Sep 17, 2008
  3. tolkencatholic

Andy 831

I read this on here and Wigwam. I thought the OP should probably address his question somewhere like AV Forums rather than here?

Andy 831, Sep 17, 2008
  4. tolkencatholic

RDD Longterm Lurker

My first thoughts too really but didn't want to say....

Also just remembered something, if the TT is your primary two channel source you're going to need either an AV amp with a dedicated phono input (don't know of any) or to buy a seperate phono stage.

RDD, Sep 17, 2008
Ask a Question