ABBA the Show...whos going to see the show?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Kate, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Kate

Kate

Hey guys, i'm a massive ABBA fan, i'v been to see many tribute bands in the past, and i have recently booked my ticked for ABBA the Show at Wembley Arena, has anyone seen any of the shows?

Kate, Aug 27, 2008
  2. Kate

Dev Moderator

Welcome to the forum Kate. Pity your first post didn't generate any response. I guess we don't have any ABBA fans here, or none that would admit to being one.

Dev, Aug 28, 2008
  3. Kate

RobHolt Moderator

I'm an ABBA fan and proud to admit it :)

Got all the albums from back in the day - good honest pop.

Not seen the shows but I'd certainly go.

RobHolt, Aug 28, 2008
  4. Kate

Dev Moderator

I see you in new light Rob:).

Dev, Aug 29, 2008
  5. Kate

mr cat Member of the month

I love abba too....haven't got any of their stuff - but it always makes me smile when I listen tp their stuff...!

I remember when I first arrived in germany (when I lived there) - we went to a beer festival and listeing to them being pumped out of the PA system whilst drunk was a joy!

mr cat, Aug 29, 2008
  6. Kate

Corruption

Love 'em too, Dancing Queen will always get me on the dancefloor.

Hit for hit, they were a group of the highest quality....

Corruption, Aug 29, 2008
  7. Kate

scott_01

I have always found Abba to be verging on evil no matter how much you want to dislike them you still end up nodding your head to those exceedingly catchy tunes.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get some cheap shoes? Nike Airforce One or qucci sneakers for example?

scott_01, Aug 29, 2008
  8. Kate

SMEagol Because we wants it...

do you know... its an amazing coincidence, but yes and on this forum too! :D

getting some Nike "Ayre's" and Some Nike "full range" Jordans :p

SMEagol, Aug 29, 2008
  9. Kate

scott_01

Wow that spam marketing really works.

I have also just bought the entire 'Blessid union of souls' [sic] back catalogue too. Both songs are truly ground breaking and I am entirely certain they will soon be bigger than the Beatles. Give that promo man a medal. :gatling:

P.S. Sorry for derailing the thread, this has absolutely nothing to do with Abba and I'd rather eat my face than go and see the show but I'm sure it will have everyone dancing in the aisles.

scott_01, Aug 30, 2008
  10. Kate

D Louth 77

Hi Kate

Yes i like ABBA. I remember years ago having a disscussion in a pub with guys who were into heavy metal and such like . We were talking about quality song writing and how genius makes it look so simple . I ventured the opinion that ABBA were perhaps one of the best examples of this . Simple memorable pop music ,but when you look at it closer ABBA music is very complex. By the end of the night we came to a consensus that ABBA were genius. If you imagine a scene like a cross between Waynes World and Spinal Tap ,then that was it . About ten of us singing ABBA songs, hair and such like flying about . When i think about it now ,that was one of those excellent nights ,when good discussion and drink led to a wonderful night . A memory that puts a smile on my face now. Like all such nights you had to be there.

My fave ABBA song is Eagle . About as close as ABBA came to melodic/prog rock .

Regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Sep 2, 2008
  11. Kate

narabdela

Stephen Fry got it right:

narabdela, Sep 3, 2008
Ask a Question