Absolutely desperate

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pete693, Mar 12, 2014.

1. pete693

pete693

I can't make the B.thing work!
    I recently bought a Marantz NA 6004 network player.It has AM,FM and DAB tuners and in theory should connect to my router via a cable to receive network radio.My router is a HUB5 from BT running on fiber optic.My download speed hovers around 35Mb and upload at around 2Mb.
    The network player is connected to a Marantz PM14S1.
    The tuner sections work extremely well,even to the point where I have never had a signal dropout on DAB.
    I just can't get the internet side to connect to the player. I have tried different cables to no avail.The unit goes through the set-up/connect stages but at the end it just says "no internet connection".
    I am the first to admit that when it comes to following multi function button setting on computer type equipment I am pretty useless but I have gone through the instructions many many times with no success.
    So the question is,any ideas please?
    Of course if anyone is near to the Stanmore/Harrow area and fancies a go at it I would be happy to provide any refreshments, soft, wine, hot, cold,
    tea, coffee, cake, whatever it takes .At the end you may want to hear the PM14S1 connected to Tannoy Berkeleys and give me an opinion on the system.My judgement is getting suspect as the old ears aren't what they used to be.
    Thanks for looking, Pete.

pete693, Mar 12, 2014
  2. pete693

Jeff_C

I tried googling marantz na-6004 but only got hits for the 7004.
    Without more details I can only suggest some basics. Can you enter your routers set up menus? Does the network player show up as a DHCP client? You need to make sure the network player is connecting to your LAN (local network) with an IP address eg 168.192.0.xxx .if your are familiar with the router's set up menus you should be able to see all the network hardware attached, the computer, iPad android tablet, smartphone, and hopefully the network player. That's a starting point.
    Jeff

Jeff_C, Mar 19, 2014
  3. pete693

pete693

Thanks for that Jeff.
    It shows how frustrated I was getting,I couldn't even get the model number correct.It is in fact a Marantz NA 7004.
    I know it has a DHCP option in the set-up I'm not sure about the IP address.I will check later.
    Thanks again, Pete.

pete693, Mar 20, 2014
  4. pete693

pete693

Thanks to your input Jeff I think I am a bit closer to finding a solution.
    I must confess I didn't even know there was a router set-up menu.No mention of it was made by the BT engineer when he installed it.I just switched on my computer entered the code on the router, it worked and he left.
    Anyway having looked on the internet for it I found the relevant IP address and compared it with the one shown in the set-up on the Marantz which was different.I entered the correct address and tried to connect to the internet again.
    I still haven't managed to establish a connection but I feel that I am closer than before.
    I'll have another go later and just hope that I get there before the internet becomes obsolete and I have to get some other system connected!
    Pete.

pete693, Mar 21, 2014
  5. pete693

pete693

Still no joy at the moment.Think I'll give up for a while.
    Start up fresh at a later date.
    Pete.

pete693, Mar 23, 2014
Ask a Question