Advise for speakers needed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by KimKo, Jul 15, 2009.

1. KimKo

KimKo

Well, as i cant find Monitor Audio Studio 6 and i'm very tired of looking for....

I'm looking for a nice pair of Standmount Speakers to mach whit my new (2hand) Accuphase E305V.

I have now Monitor Audio Gold 7 and the sound is very good (i had a Marantz PM6002), but whit the Accuphase i need better speakers.

I prefer 'bass reflex' to front of the speaker (like Studio 6), because i only have +- 2,90 Meters from the speakers to my audition point...

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    KimKo, Jul 15, 2009
  2. KimKo

KimKo

:)

KimKo, Jul 19, 2009
  3. KimKo

brca Rookie

Acuphasse needs much better speakers than MA. I would go for some Spendors from Classic series or Verity Audio :)

brca, Jul 19, 2009
  4. KimKo

Nomoretweaks Tourist on tilt

There were Jean Marie Reynaud Trentes on hififorsale recently, great speakers and not expensive at all. (not mine, although I also have JMR speakers)

Nomoretweaks, Jul 19, 2009
  5. KimKo

myrman

So true. Whats the budget?

myrman, Jul 20, 2009
  6. KimKo

scott_01

Not sure what your budget is but if you are after an even presentation in a small room (2.5 x 2.5m) look at the Harbeth Compact 7ES.

If your room is a bit bigger or you have a bit of bass trapping then try and listen to the SHL5.

I use the Harbeth SHL5 with an E-450 and it really is all I want in my current room. The speakers walk all over my Grado RS1 for detail.

Other candidates would be the JMLabs (no not my cup of tea either), the Reference 3a range, some of the Spendors, and Merlin TSM, also, why not some PROACS or Living Voice?

All of these will give different presentations and it really is a matter of choice..... Try and get a demo before buying. I'd steer clear of anything below about 85Db or a fiendish impedance curve.

scott_01, Jul 21, 2009
  7. KimKo

nando nando

have a look and listen to operas and pro-ac!
    nando

nando, Jul 21, 2009
  8. KimKo

KimKo

Hi people,

Sorry for the reply delay...

In last weeks i went to the dealer and listned Proac 1SC with the Amp and i liked very much... but the price was to expensive (where in Portugal 1000 Euros Ex-demo)...

My budget wrigt now his more or less £500, but i have some equipments that i'm selling in Portuguese Foruns...

Well, i like very much MA Studio 6 and MA Sutio 20 SE... but its dificult to find... i once buyed one pair of studio 6 but they never come to Portugal (from UK)... the guy gave me the money back...

The ideal speakers for me would be some oldest quality speakers with portic to front... my living room is a rectangle with 8 meter long and 3,5 meters side. From the speakers to my coach i have near 3 meters, so i guess the best speakers would be standmonted...

Thanks for viewing.... i'm receptive to advice...

All the best

KimKo, Aug 3, 2009
  9. KimKo

zanash

that room is the same sizes as mine ...try putting the speakers across the long axis ...experiment with the seperation starting at 3m appart and getting wider ...my statics sound best at about 5.5m with me sitting against the rear wall.

zanash, Aug 4, 2009
  10. KimKo

KimKo

Thanks

I can't move them ... WAF :(

Take a look on my living room....

[​IMG]

KimKo, Aug 4, 2009
  11. KimKo

Steve Jackson

Try finding the Acoustic Zen Adagio Jr. Nice sounding speakers.

Steve Jackson, May 1, 2018
  12. KimKo

oldburyj

You could look for a pair of Neat momentum speakers, as they have recently been upgraded their may be some second hand bargains to be found.

oldburyj, May 2, 2018
Ask a Question