Affordable Audiosmile

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Labarum, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Labarum

Labarum

Does Audiosmile have plans to market cheaper products which benefit from the lessons learned with the current loudspeakers?

Labarum, Mar 31, 2011
  2. Labarum

Tenson Moderator

I do have an unfinished prototype for a more affordable speaker but it has been put on hold for now as there are too many things to spend money on! I won't reveal exactly what my ideas are since it is too early. The difficult thing is manufacturing at a low enough price to sell an 'affordable' speaker. You need to compete with B&W and Monitor Audio etc.. who can produce good cabinets more cheaply than me, so to do an affordable option I need to beat them in the design department instead.

Tenson, Apr 1, 2011
  3. Labarum

Labarum

Labarum, Apr 2, 2011
  4. Labarum

RobHolt Moderator

Those may well be good speakers, but hand made cabinets built in the uk, and assuming the drivers are decent, they won't make any money selling at £399.

A cabinet maker won't build and finish for that so factoring-in costs and time, profit surely cannot be on the agenda.

That's fine - not a criticism but you cannot run a viable company in that way without subsidy. If the owner wants to subsidise then fine.

RobHolt, Apr 2, 2011
  5. Labarum

nando nando

i agree rob, but it is the way that people think now, i"it looks the same, oh they are cheap, and they may sound just as good" what this people do not realise is hand craftsmanship and R,A.D. done here it is more than mass production to not only taking care of the finish product but also the performance of it, just like morgan cars.

nando, Apr 2, 2011
Ask a Question