ah-njoe-tjoeb cd 4000 tube cd player with upsamperling 24-192

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by mickm, Jun 24, 2008.

1. mickm

mickm

rare on the used market , stunning sounding player , boxed with remote in good condition , two sets of nos valve included and valve coolers , unit comes with 24-192 upsamperling board and also has the upgrade digital output board so doubles up as a superb transport

sound from the unit is superb quality that is usually only to be had from much more expensive players , better than the shanling 100c though not as nice to look at ! plenty of reviews on line

460 ono may consider part ex or trade for other equipment , pm details

i will include a pair of chord chorus 1 mtr interconnects for 490 cash or 500 paypal , makes this even more of a good buy !

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
    mickm, Jun 24, 2008
  2. mickm

lbr monkey boy

I've got quite a bit of experience with this player and IMHO it's the best current player at its price point. A wonderfully fluid sound that is rare from CD at any price, let alone sub £500.

No relation to the seller btw - just my tuppence worth ;)

lbr, Jun 24, 2008
  3. mickm

mickm

cd player

thanks for the comments , the player in my view has no rivals at the selling price in terms of sound quality ! granted you can buy better looking players , ta , mick

mickm, Jun 24, 2008
  4. mickm

Graffoeman

I use one of these players and heartily agree with lbr, wonderful sound for the money.

Graffoeman, Jun 24, 2008
  5. mickm

mickm

cd player

thanks guys , as you say really is a great player , ive demo,d against some real exotic players - dac and transports and the tjoeb may loose out in some areas but the thing is so bloody musical you rarely find yourself hankering to spend silly money for such small improvments to slightly better it , have interest in the player but most are questioning its humble marantz looks ?

mickm, Jun 25, 2008
  6. mickm

mr cat Member of the month

what are you upgrading to?

mr cat, Jun 25, 2008
  7. mickm

mickm

cd player

hi , im looking for a good musical sounding dac , im using the laptop more and more so looking to go down this route , tried a good few dacs , mf tri vista did not like it , previous theta pro basic ok but like the tjoeb more , any surgestions welcome , mick

mickm, Jun 25, 2008
  8. mickm

lbr monkey boy

It it's musical sounding you're after then my only suggestion would be to steer clear of the Chord DAC64.

lbr, Jun 25, 2008
  9. mickm

mickm

dac

never heard one but the mention of this unit always brings about mixed views though i must say most agree with you that it is border line clinical and cold in the way it sounds ?

mickm, Jun 25, 2008
  10. mickm

lbr monkey boy

That pretty much sums it up. I lived with one for a year or so. Initially impressed (seduced?) by the sheer level of detail, I got to the point before I sold it where I wasn't listening to CD any more - edgy and bright, a very forward presentation and ultimately unable to generate (in me at least) any emotional connection to the music.

Still it gets very good reviews and some people rate it highly, so horses for courses I suppose - I guess it depends on what you're priorities are when putting together a system.

Anyway, I think I'm hijacking your ad! Good luck with the sale (it's getting plenty of free bumps anyhow ;))

lbr, Jun 25, 2008
  11. mickm

mickm

dac

no problem the advise is welcome !

im open to offers on the player over 420 superb sounding bit of kit for the money !

mickm, Jun 25, 2008
  12. mickm

mickm

cd player

the player is sold payment pending

mickm, Jun 26, 2008
Ask a Question