Air bearing tangential tonearm

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by speedy.steve, Jan 22, 2011.

1. speedy.steve

speedy.steve

I have decided to sell my DIY parallel air bearing tone arm.
    Would best suit someone who can twiddle a screwdriver and whirl a small spanner for fitting / setting up.

I will include instructions for fitting and setup.

I had this fitted on a Rega P3, Pioneer PL-71 and Technics SL-1210. Results on all three where very good. I used it with a AT 33PTG and Sumiko BPS EvoIII.

Included are the air pump built into a silencer box, smoothing reservoir (5l tank) and plenty of air hose (about 8m). The box is lined with sound proofing carpet tile material & foam & cuts noise so you really struggle to hear the air pump at all.

There are two Carbon fibre wands (arm) with quick connect plugs for easy cart swapping.
    Two different counter weights. Once VTF is set up the wand swap can be made in less than a minute!

The arm wand length is adjustable so can fit decks from Rega (quite far back) to PL-71 (quite a bit nearer) and any in between.
    An adapter to suit Rega type arm boards is included but I can make up any size or height if required.

The arm has adjustable VTA, VTF by means of moving the counterweight and horizontal arm balance, of course.

Tonearm wire is Litz and leads to interconnect sockets are OFC copper. All you need is an interconnect of your choice.

Here are some pics.

Mounted on PL-71 deck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Headshell crafted from billet aluminium
    [​IMG]

AT 33 PTG in action on Technics SL-1210 deck
    [​IMG]

Air pump and sound proofing box
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Box, smoothing tank and air hose
    [​IMG]

What you get (minus the stationary pot holding the arm up and other stuff in the back ground of the 2nd pic)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am open to sensible offers considering the materials and effort that went into it.
    Please Private Mail me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    speedy.steve, Jan 22, 2011
  2. speedy.steve

speedy.steve

Provisionally sold

speedy.steve, Jan 23, 2011
Ask a Question