Amp repairs in the midlands

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lAmBoY, Apr 8, 2011.

1. lAmBoY

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Does anyone know where I can get a Denon integrated amp repaired? It belongs to my wifes school and it has stopped locking onto a source. Funnily enough it stopped working on the day of the school disco - I had to pull in my trusty Bel Canto evo2i to perform party duties! 150 happy kids all because of me:D

lAmBoY, Apr 8, 2011
  2. lAmBoY

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Is it worth bothering with? I've had so much hassle trying to get my Cambridge 640A repaired I bought a second hand Yamaha AX392 for £40 and it sounds surprisingly good.

amazingtrade, Apr 14, 2011
  3. lAmBoY

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I think you are right AT. Its kind of sad when Amps die like that and are just a consumable item almost. Some amps live forever though:)

lAmBoY, Apr 14, 2011
  4. lAmBoY

Tenson Moderator

I'm not sure what you mean by locking onto a source. Do you mean when you select that source, you hear no sound? If so, could it be something as simple as a bad connection going from the RCA plug to the PCB? It happens Quite often because of all the plugging and un-plugging.

AT is probably correct though, amps are so cheap these days. Go for an eBay bargain!

Tenson, Apr 14, 2011
Ask a Question