Anatek A50 help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jon C, May 2, 2018.

1. Jon C

Jon C

Hi

We were gifted an Anatek A50 amp. It produces beautiful sound. However, it has broken down. I had a local tech look at it and he says it all fires up ok but then goes into some sort of standby mode. He said the remote control was broken and maybe that was needed to bring it out of standby.

Does anyone have any advice as to where I could get it fixed? Does anyone have a remote I could analyse to get the IR codes from?

Cheers!

Jon C, May 2, 2018
  2. Jon C

Martinwillphillips

Hi I am able to repair the amplifier for you.
    I was envolved early on in the amplifier concept disign.
    I need to know if you have any status LEDs constantly on and I don't think the remote is the problem but I have access to a new one.
    It is looking very lightly that the built in protection circuit is coming on.
    I am based in Brighton East Sussex.
    If you email back to me.
    Kind regards.
    Martin.

Martinwillphillips, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Jon C

Martinwillphillips

Hi as you have the last series of the Anateck A50r I have one half built from years ago I will look into the remote logic side I will get in touch with the other test tech who worked at Anateck that has been a good friend for years and put the fault to him.
    I will be in touch very shortly,
    If the worst comes to worst you will have to get the amplifier to me.

Martinwillphillips, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Jon C

Martinwillphillips

As far as when I disigned the first remote circuit it was for just volume and I used the Phillips rc55 codes so if you have a pound shop near to you,you can get a programmable remote but the company that took over manufacture of the amplifier may have changed the codes to Sony I will find out but the pound shop or universal remotes will cover all code formats.
    Regards martin.

Martinwillphillips, Aug 10, 2018
Ask a Question