Any recommendations for IC cables?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by francis, Mar 1, 2004.

1. francis

francis

Hi there
    I'm about to make a load of cables for an AV system I'm putting together. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any cables (and connectors!) that they've used from any of the online electronics places (Farnell, Canford, Maplin etc).

I'm looking to make quite a few RCA-RCA interconnects between the processor and power amp, and I will also need to make a few digital coaxial cables with BNC connectors.

If anyone could point me in the direction of some good cables I'd be very grateful!!

Thanks,
    Francis

francis, Mar 1, 2004
  2. francis

midlifecrisis Firm member

make 'em if you want but also see my ad in buy and sell - a QED QUnex 75 for 20 squid.

midlifecrisis, Mar 2, 2004
  3. francis

Heavymental

I'm interested in making some I/C's out of some cheap power cable, I'm guessing it'll be a step up from my freebie I/C'c but don't want to spend alot being a bit of a sceptic....not to mention skint. Any reccomendations for what RCA plugs to use? cheapest I've seen is 1.99 each from maplins. Any good?
    Cheers
    Tom

Heavymental, Mar 31, 2004
  4. francis

Lt Cdr Data om

i really don't think there would be benefit for Av, my recommendation is to get Tandys gold patch cables, they are cheap and excellent.

Lt Cdr Data, Mar 31, 2004
  5. francis

Heavymental

Yeah i was going to use mine for hifi. Your comments still apply? might have a look at the Goldpatch and save me some effort though, or are there any other cheap I/C's worth a look?
    Tom

Heavymental, Mar 31, 2004
  6. francis

zanash

If you want to go down the DIY route contact me and I'll forward you the details.

Some of my DIY recipes are only bettered by commercial offerings in the hundreds of pounds.

zanash, Apr 2, 2004
  7. francis

Heavymental

Hi Zanash,
    You have PM
    Cheers,
    Tom

Heavymental, Apr 5, 2004
  8. francis

BlueMax

Yup! Zanash is the man for DIY cables.

About time he put together a website for his designs.
    :D

BlueMax, Apr 5, 2004
  9. francis

zanash

Your not wrong of course but I'd prefer to keep it on a more intimate footing . In that those that want the info can actually talk to me if thay need or want. Sending out the details on email helps keep the details not secret but restricted. I would not want to suddenly find some one selling my designs at a vast profit using inferior materials.
    I also don't want to make a business of it either, just a favour for a fellow audiophile sort of thing. But if you contact me I'll normally respond unless I'm on my hols......and I do like to go away a lot !!

zanash, Apr 8, 2004
Ask a Question