April issue Affordable$$Audio

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by AffordableAudio, Apr 2, 2006.

1. AffordableAudio

AffordableAudio

AffordableAudio, Apr 2, 2006
  2. AffordableAudio

oedipus

OK, first a warning to others: this is an 18 megabyte download, which their hosting site likes to provide the first 15megabytes or so of before hanging up the connection. (Happened to me twice..)

Next some constructive criticism - aimed at the authors and editor. "Affordable Audio" is a fairly well trodden - and largely unprofitable - path. The Audio Critic pioneered this path a while ago, and the baton has now been passed onto (now that they come to their senses) the $ensible Sound. You might want to familarize yourselves with the editorial in the Audio Critic, and focus on the articles authored by David Rich in the Sensible Sound, to determine what constitutes "affordable audio". Otherwise I fear you will just be writing a litany of uniformed comment which could be titled "affordable audio stupidity".

oedipus, Apr 2, 2006
  3. AffordableAudio

AffordableAudio

Thanks for the "honest" criticism.

Due to the types of articles written (some with pics) the size did explode on me even with image file reduction efforts.

For those of you who are using a phone modem for downloading or have less reliable connections, may I suggested waiting a few days before downloading. The first five days are far and away the highest traffic load on the system, which may explain your being booted.

Secondly, A$$A is not intended to make money, but instead, bring audio back to the average affectionado with budget limitations. It is a hobby/passion.

Third, I have read both the Audio Critic and $ensible Sound, fine publications. But there is always room for more reasonable/educated opinions especially when it is free to the reader.

As for your final point, that is up to each of the thousands of A$$A readers, like yourself to decide.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

AffordableAudio, Apr 2, 2006
Ask a Question