ashly 3 way active crossover

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by bottleneck, Mar 18, 2010.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi

I have 2 ashly 3 way active crossovers. I'm selling/trading/giving away whatever the older one.

It sounds as good as the new £500 one, but with a little hiss on my 115db efficient horns.

Great to try a 3 way active speaker build. Get 3 power amps, this, and you won't look back, trust me.

It's an analogue Ashly crossover, so naturally shits on your cheapo digital ones. Mentioning no names.

Used it myself with TAD horns and JBL drive units, so its good enough for high end kit, or to try until you spend a lot of money on somethimb better.

Details here -
    http://www.ashly.com/retired/spec-sheets/cs-sc-77.pdf

Price?

I could care less what I get for it. Offer me something. Cash if you like. A few cool CD's if you're skint. I don't have storage room - it will go to a forum member, or it will go on Ebay for about fifty quid. . . one thing though ...

BEEEE QUICK!!!!!!

Don't wait, because I don't have space in my new flat for stuff I'm not using. It will be on Ebay within days, so move quickly.

bottleneck, Mar 18, 2010
  2. bottleneck

Rocket 88

I have to be interested - im assembling a 3 way Horn system..
    Atthe moment I have a Rane Mojo Mx23 standing by for when I've got everything together..From what you say the Ashly is better..
    Jack

Rocket 88, Mar 18, 2010
  3. bottleneck

probably or possibly sold / given / exchanged with Rocket.

bottleneck, Mar 18, 2010
  4. bottleneck

gaust

Typical!!

Hi Bottleneck

I have been on the lookout for a 2 / 3 way crossover for a while, but the ones I have been following on ebay have gone too expensive, and this combined with facing going back to being a student again (and having to pay all the fees etc) has made me reconsider. Anyway If this falls through then I would be very interested as I was planning to make a 2 /3 way active speaker as a step up from the DIY full range speakers that I have already made.
    Anyway I am still on the lookout so if this comes available again I would be very interested.
    Thanks,
    Gaust

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    gaust, Mar 23, 2010
  5. bottleneck

Hi Gaust

'rocket' has already bagged this one I'm afraid.

However, he already has an active crossover, so perhaps a ''deal can be done'' with him on the one that he finds less suitable for his personal needs.

Whatever you buy, I reccomend you ''stay analogue'' with the active crossover you're buying. At this price level, it's the way to go IME

bottleneck, Mar 23, 2010
  6. bottleneck

gaust

Hey Bottleneck,
    Ah well, that's the way it goes sometimes!! As you say Rocket88 may have one going spare once he gets things up and running, so it might be worth dropping him a PM.
    Thanks again,
    Gaust

gaust, Mar 23, 2010
Ask a Question