Assistance with repairs to Tivoli Radio

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Colin2040, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Colin2040

Colin2040

I have a basically brand new Tivolli one radio,American spec and ran it briefly with a step down wall wart type converter for the voltage difference.Ran well enough for a few days and then got slightly warm and stopped.I have e mailed Tivolli and had zerio response so I need some pointers in the right direction.Now this happened some time ago and its been one of those projects I need to get round to.Now assuming I check the fuses and its not them whats the next step.I would prefer to convert it for UK use and having done this with other kit am hopeful it will be possible.I would appreciate any thoughts on where to begin.

Colin2040, Jul 8, 2008
  2. Colin2040

zanash

if you can find a circuit diagram this would be a great help .....

what was the original spec exactly [should be on the case somewhere] and what was the spec of the step down tranny ...

how warm ......
    ouch gosh that was hot
    that odd its hot
    is a little warmer than normal

they should run cold ...so I'm suspecting that if the fuses have not blown then transformer may have passed on .....but without it in front of me it can only be a guess.

zanash, Jul 9, 2008
  3. Colin2040

Colin2040

Well it was in the order of thats quite warm and it shouldnt be as as you said it should be no more than room temperature. So it wasnt hot as such but unnaturally warm to the touch,so like you I am thinking that maybe the trannie has gone.I will need to sit down and start unbolting it and see if I can find a circuit diagram.Then I'll take it from there.

Colin2040, Jul 9, 2008
Ask a Question