Audi entertainment centre

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Chalky, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Chalky

Chalky

I have a cd recording device popular in the UK . can someone explain after transferring albums onto a USB stick and playing on my car audio system the tracks do not come out in an orderly fashion but appears to select based on an alpha numeric order and not in CD order , the order I loaded the home based machine which plays as expected. ?

Chalky, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Chalky

Sergeauckland

It looks very much like the car reader is applying computer file logic to ordering the tracks. If there's no menu option in the car to change that, and there isn't in my car which does the same, the only thing I've found to do is to rename the files on your computer and stick 01, 02, 03 etc etc in front of the track name in the order you want them to play back in. Then transfer the renamed files to the USB stick. A pain I know, but I haven't found a way round it.

S,

Sergeauckland, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Chalky

Chalky

Thank you very much. Thats what i feared but i'm talking about thousands of tracks, so its back to using car CD player and individual cd's otherwise a complete musical potpourrie! Disappointed in AUDI and their choice of entertainment centre.

Chalky, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Chalky

Sergeauckland

I think this is another example of the modern mania for 'Playlists' and random play, nobody bothers to listen to whole albums these days, it seems. The care taken to sequence an album is a lost art, and meaningless to the Spotify Generation who create endless random playlists.

S.

5. Chalky

Chalky

That would explain it. But if your an opera fan for instance fancy being offered all the acts 1 of all the different operas in a collection followed by all acts 2 etc or Beethovens 5 th, movement followed by a Berlioz movement and so on. Ridiculous.

Chalky, Mar 4, 2021
    Sergeauckland likes this.
  6. Chalky

Sergeauckland

Might make for some interesting segues.
    Lohengrin followed by Madame Butterfly, what could be more relaxing...

What I've done is to put each complete album into a separate directory, then each track name of that album is preceded by 01 02 03 etc. Then, I scroll through the directories to choose the album to play and all the tracks are in the right order.

S

Chalky likes this.
  7. Chalky

jbhunter1

Been there, done that.

jbhunter1, Mar 16, 2021
  8. Chalky

Chalky

Chalky, Mar 16, 2021
  9. Chalky

Chalky

I have a cd player with a SD? slot. Do u think transferring the usb contents to an SD device and paying through the player would also result in reordering of the tracks ?

Chalky, Mar 16, 2021
  10. Chalky

Sergeauckland

Sorry, don't know the answer to that. I'd be surprised if the player applied different logic to SD and USB, but it's possible. Worth a try.

S

Sergeauckland, Mar 16, 2021
Ask a Question