Audio Innovations First Audio / Border Patrol PSU

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by i_should_coco, Oct 3, 2010.

1. i_should_coco

i_should_coco Monkey

Due to an old friend coming to stay, I'm going to sell my Audio Innovations First Audio (2A3 version) and Border Patrol PSU combo.

Cosmetically, the amp is in mint condition and comes in it's original box and packaging along with perspex top plate and includes all forum pins to secure this. The bottom access hatch is, however, missing. I can always make one up if anyone desperately needs it. It's not like you can stick your fingers in when it's on the shelf anyway. This is the later version of the amp (there were three) and uses 4x 12AU7s & 4x 2A3.

The BP PSU is an early one which actually says "Definitive Audio" on the front and is a little tatty round the edges, but in fair condition, No original box for this.

Tubes in the amp are JJ 12AU7s and either Chinese Golden Dragon, or National Union 2A3s (with a couple of hundred hours only). These are very fine amps indeed, being a significant step up from the Pentode based AI amps such as the S500, 700, etc. The only trade off being that these are lower powered at 7W and so require sensitive speakers to get the best out of them. If you're in the market for one of these, you'll know this already. ;-)

I'm looking for £1000 with the Chinese tubes, or £1100 with the NUs. So come on, get some triodes and experience real music!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i_should_coco, Oct 3, 2010
Ask a Question