Audio sync issue

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Cammyman, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Cammyman

Cammyman

Hello everyone

I have a problem which I’m hoping one of you clever people can help me with.
    I am filming a dance show soon using my Canon XA11 camcorder.
    This show is going to include a couple of singing numbers as well as some tap dancing.
    My plan was to take an audio feed from the venue’s sound desk into my own audio mixer (xenyx q1202) and to set up two wireless microphones to feed into the mixer via their own receiver (Q Audio QWM 1950) to pick up the singing, tapping and also the applause from the audience.

I have been testing this set up at home by playing a music dvd with the sound coming through the tv sound bar, with a microphone set up in front of it, and taking an audio out from the DVD player into the mixer.

the problem is that the two audio feeds I am getting are coming through at different times so it sounds like an echo.
    I’m not sure if it’s because I’m taking the audio from a DVD player and when it’s connected to a sound desk it will be fine or whether is because the audio from the tv is slower as it’s going via the sound bar.
    I don’t have anything else to test this with so I’m hoping this is a simple problem to solve.

thanks for reading.

Cammyman, Mar 10, 2022
  2. Cammyman

Sergeauckland

The sound from the soundbar will be delayed to match the delay on the video display, so you will get the effect you describe.

What you plan to do with the recording should be fine, as there shouldn't be any delay through the venue's sound desk or your mixer.

S

Sergeauckland, Mar 11, 2022
    Cammyman likes this.
  3. Cammyman

Cammyman

Thank you for your reply.
    That’s great I was hoping it would be something like that, that’s put my mind at rest.
    Thanks again.

Cammyman, Mar 13, 2022
    Sergeauckland likes this.
Ask a Question