Audion 300b Silver Night monoblocks, quad brand new EH Gold Grids, 24w PP

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by monty99, May 5, 2012.

1. monty99

monty99

Parting with my Audion 300b Silver Night monoblocks, 24w push-pull. I owned these originally about five years ago and since then they've done the rounds of the forums powering anything from horn systems to Tannoy DCs, for which they are particularly suited. The came back to me after a part-swop with Robin for a VAC PA60.

Recently serviced by John Caswell and since I got back from holiday I've also fitted a matched quad of EH Gold Grids, about £300 worth.

These Audion amps give a lovely combination of push-pull grunt and 300b delicacy and charm, for speakers that don't quite sound their best with single ended amps (need a stronger damping factor and more grunt), but where finesse is still an important requirement.

Point to point silver wired in the amp section, with chunky output transformers and very nicely made. The gold finish is in very good order (unlike this pair on ebay recently which still made £1500).

I am being more modest in my ambitions but since I've just fitted the Gold Grids I need to ask for £1200. I have the original boxes but would rather not ship (it's three boxes anyway, one for each monoblock plus another box for the tubes) so collection from here in Berkshire or happy with a drive to meet up somewhere. I will include assorted other 300b tubes as spares but these should not be needed for a very long time.

New equivalent would be the point to point wired Audion Silver Night MkII at over £4000.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

monty99, May 5, 2012
Ask a Question