AudioSmile fully modified DEQ2496

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Tenson, May 6, 2008.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

Hi,

I have a brand new and fully modified (PSU, analog input and analog outputs) DEQ2496 to sell. I originally built it for a customer in Austria, but after a bit of hassle getting it to work I gave a refund. Upon inspecting it, the problem was that my supplier had sent the wrong spec input transformers. That has now been corrected and it is up and running perfectly.

Having the full mods, this unit has simply superb sound quality. Using the analog inputs and outputs (good for a TT, or between pre and power) it is completely transparent, with processing bypassed you simply wouldn't know it was there. Using the digital input and analog outputs it is a first class DAC.

Of course, all functionality of the stock unit is retained, except that the audio output voltage is fixed for domestic kit.

Standard price for this is £479 inc. VAT. I will let this one go for £399.

Full details of the mods can be seen here - http://www.audiosmile.com/deq2496.htm

Tenson, May 6, 2008
Ask a Question